Becoming a part time Training Supervisor

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So before you think about moving up and getting that pay raise, think about whether or not you want to be abused with a collared shirt on.
Move up? Pay raise? I make more than my on road. By like, a lot.

If you apply for supervisor position and are still in the system as a union employee can I withdraw my application to be supervisor. I have been doing supervisor work for 3 weeks but was told by my supervisor I’m still technically a union employee due to them not being able to get me into the system as a supervisor, I enjoy unloading and have started to hate coming to work as a supervisor. I’m just hoping it’s not to late to go back.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you apply for supervisor position and are still in the system as a union employee can I withdraw my application to be supervisor. I have been doing supervisor work for 3 weeks but was told by my supervisor I’m still technically a union employee due to them not being able to get me into the system as a supervisor, I enjoy unloading and have started to hate coming to work as a supervisor. I’m just hoping it’s not to late to go back.

Nutup and quit whining on the internet tell him you don’t want the supe job

SMH

Method Mensch

Becoming a training supervisor, I expected there would be some serious training in communication, and how to manage people. I was let down when I realized learning the job came down to computer modules (which I was told to skip through), and one 10minute class with an insurance company rep on how to give feedback, which was pointless.
If you are not as competent as you think you should be, but working to be competent, you will be reminded of how incompetent you are often by your peers. The culture of the ups supervisor position is competition between one another based off everyone’s own insecurity.
They also won’t tell you what you are doing wrong, but rather put you in a tough situation to make you realize what you are doing wrong, identical to the abuse they do to hourlies they want to quit... It’s a scrutinized position, with no regards to personal ambition. The managers mainly care about paper work to save them from claims, so if you can learn that, you will be fine to stay, but how you handle your new hires, you will be criticized. If you think that politics are not a thing in a management position, you are wrong.
Finally, you are constantly doing union work. You will be a glorified hourly without the protection of the union. So before you think about moving up and getting that pay raise, think about whether or not you want to be abused with a collared shirt on. Anyone can do it, few choose to, and that’s for good reason.
I could have told you that.

AKCoverMan

If you apply for supervisor position and are still in the system as a union employee can I withdraw my application to be supervisor. I have been doing supervisor work for 3 weeks but was told by my supervisor I’m still technically a union employee due to them not being able to get me into the system as a supervisor, I enjoy unloading and have started to hate coming to work as a supervisor. I’m just hoping it’s not to late to go back.k
Contact your BA today and tell him/her you made a mistake and want to remain in union job. I was in management at another Dow 30 company but it was a completely different culture. Wouldn’t touch it here.