Been getting direct deposit earlier this last month

JL 0513

For the last 15 years, my direct deposit always came on Friday - same bank. The last 3 weeks it dropped on Thursday. Just noticed this week, I got paid Wednesday!

Who else has noticed this? I have read in past threads that depending on your bank, some people have always received theirs on Thursday, most people Friday. My bank situation hasn't changed so just wondering if this could be a change on the UPS side.

JustDeliverIt

For the last 15 years, my direct deposit always came on Friday - same bank. The last 3 weeks it dropped on Thursday. Just noticed this week, I got paid Wednesday!

Who else has noticed this? I have read in past threads that depending on your bank, some people have always received theirs on Thursday, most people Friday. My bank situation hasn't changed so just wondering if this could be a change on the UPS side.

Same here. Was always deposited on a Friday and now it’s been Wednesday this month. Went on my banks website and had an article about faster direct deposits. Everyone was automatically enrolled, you can opt out if you want.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Wikipedia has failed me on why exactly there is a 0-2 day delay. I get mine cleared early Thursday, which is essentially an overnight transaction for when the company sends them out sometime Wednesday.

If I read it correctly, The reason you would get your check on Friday is because the overnight ACH credit originating from your bank overlaps with the overnight ACH debit from the employer. So your bank asks for Wednesday's funds on Thursday, sees nothing there, and has to wait an extra day.

And a Wednesday check would imply that a same-day debit from the employer is found shortly afterwords by a same-day credit from your bank.

Last edited: