Benefits cover domestic partner?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If so, how would one go about this?
Sorry but I'm pretty much useless for further information about this.I only know they offer benefits because I saw something about domestic partnerships when I was trying to get some benefits for my wife's boyfriend. I can't be having that MO FO getting sick or injured.

I would suggest calling HR or the Teamcare helpline.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sorry but I'm pretty much useless for further information about this.I only know they offer benefits because I saw something about domestic partnerships when I was trying to get some benefits for my wife's boyfriend. I can't be having that MO Fo getting sick or injured.

Gotta keep those shots up to date

Lmao

Sorry but I'm pretty much useless for further information about this.I only know they offer benefits because I saw something about domestic partnerships when I was trying to get some benefits for my wife's boyfriend. I can't be having that MO FO getting sick or injured.

I would suggest calling HR or the Teamcare helpline.
I have Teamcare ,I'm covered....

opey

Define a “domestic partner”
a couple in a long term relationship who live together but arent married.. some people may have referred to it as "common law".. used to be a thing for gay couples, before marriage was legalized for them, but its not only for gay couples. its also supported by a legal registry in whatever city or county.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
a couple in a long term relationship who live together but arent married.. some people may have referred to it as "common law".. used to be a thing for gay couples, before marriage was legalized for them, but its not only for gay couples. its also supported by a legal registry in whatever city or county.
I might be wrong as I usually am but common law and domestic partnerships are slightly different in the court's eyes. Common law is basically married because of time together where as domestic partnerships have some kind of binding principle like a ceremony or statement of marriage if that makes sense.

opey

I might be wrong as I usually am but common law and domestic partnerships are slightly different in the court's eyes. Common law is basically married because of time together where as domestic partnerships have some kind of binding principle like a ceremony or statement of marriage if that makes sense.
yes and no, at least in NY there is no such thing as common law.. there is domestic partnership though, which you need to show certain things like joint bank account, joint loans or bills or property, and have lived together for a certain amount of time. The thing is that once states legalized gay marriage, many employers took away the domestic partner coverage. So.. gf is pregnant, but we're not planning on getting married, not now anyway, and her insurance sucks... so was hoping I could get it all covered somehow.

rod

Retired 22 years
yes and no, at least in NY there is no such thing as common law.. there is domestic partnership though, which you need to show certain things like joint bank account, joint loans or bills or property, and have lived together for a certain amount of time. The thing is that once states legalized gay marriage, many employers took away the domestic partner coverage. So.. gf is pregnant, but we're not planning on getting married, not now anyway, and her insurance sucks... so was hoping I could get it all covered somehow.
Marry her-make her an honest woman.

rod

Retired 22 years

Can you imagine the cost if every UPS guy who knocked up his girlfriend got a pass on coverage for her?

rod

Retired 22 years

I can see the ad on Craigs List now---Girls are you pregnant? Come let me be your boyfriend so you can get insurance. Costs just $500 up front. Some "girlfriend" actions may be required.

Indecisi0n

Are you sure it's your kid?

opey

Marry her-make her an honest woman.
thanks for the advice
Maybe she is already married
wouldnt qualify for a domestic partnership then :wink2:
Can you imagine the cost if every UPS guy who knocked up his girlfriend got a pass on coverage for her?
i hear you, not the situation here though. been together many years, 2nd kid, just marriage isnt in the cards right now for various reasons.
Are you sure it's your kid?
well, nobody can be SURE if its theirs, except for the woman :butt:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS