Best ear plugs for ups?

Joelbaker

Don't know much about ear plugs and there's so many to choose from. Anyone know which brand, type or decibel rating works best to dull the noise of the belt and screaming sups?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Don't know much about ear plugs and there's so many to choose from. Anyone know which brand, type or decibel rating works best to dull the noise of the belt and screaming sups?
Before you spend your money....make sure managment permits you to wear them while working. They could consider them a safety hazard...if They interfere with your ability to hear an alarm, a belt buzzer or someone yelling for you to shut a belt off.

Joelbaker

Before you spend your money....make sure managment permits you to wear them while working. They could consider them a safety hazard...if you couldn't hear an alarm, a belt buzzer or someone yelling for you to shut a belt off.
Oh yes of course wouldn't want to cause a safety hazard and I think they're okay I'll double check tho. So something that has a lower decibel rating but not low enough to not dull the belt humming or sups screaming in the background and not too high that it'll cause me not to hear the irreg driver honking as he passes or other potential hazards.

I was looking at a 12db and a 20db but they are for musicians. Wonder if they'll suffice or do I need ones geared towards machine noise.

Joelbaker

You don't need them, and they probably won't let you use them. Save your money.
Pretty sure they would they let people listen to music and don't care if they have both ear buds in unless they're causing problems but I don't like to bring my phone in so I thought to get ear buds. Oh and I wear ear warmers that muffle the sound a little bit cause I work nights and it gets real cold and they're okay with that but it's getting to the point where I get headaches every night mostly from loud shouting sups so I wanted something stronger..

Joelbaker

Go to the autoshop sometimes they have the EAR plugs they'll give you a handful for free.
That's good to know thanks. I would just buy some cheap foams but figured I'd go through them like gloves and wanted something reusable and longer lasting.

Which reminds me what gloves are best? I'm using nitrile ones atm by g&friend and they're okay but don't grip plastic very well and can easily lose grip with dusty stuff don't last very long either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's good to know thanks. I would just buy some cheap foams but figured I'd go through them like gloves and wanted something reusable and longer lasting.

Which reminds me what gloves are best? I'm using nitrile ones atm by g&friend and they're okay but don't grip plastic very well and can easily lose grip with dusty stuff don't last very long either.

The cheap foam disposable ones are probably your best bet.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I think these ear plugs are stupid but maybe you can pull it off.

7ef5bae31eb0368655240a57dd6fb276.jpg

wayfair

swollen member
Before you spend your money....make sure managment permits you to wear them while working. They could consider them a safety hazard...if They interfere with your ability to hear an alarm, a belt buzzer or someone yelling for you to shut a belt off.

We've got a few deaf people in our building

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Oh yes of course wouldn't want to cause a safety hazard and I think they're okay I'll double check tho. So something that has a lower decibel rating but not low enough to not dull the belt humming or sups screaming in the background and not too high that it'll cause me not to hear the irreg driver honking as he passes or other potential hazards.

I was looking at a 12db and a 20db but they are for musicians. Wonder if they'll suffice or do I need ones geared towards machine noise.
Get whatever is most comfortable. I used disposables that were packed in individual pairs (so if I took them out I could store them in their little pouch). A 26db NRR worked alright.
You don't need them, and they probably won't let you use them. Save your money.
Earplugs are free, @ CACH; and their usage is actively promoted.