Best like CEO's

bacha29

Kyrgyzstan has the most liberal visa policy in the region. I can stay here as long as I want, just have to cross border every 60 days and return. There are some in Muslim attire but most people dress very western. Been told numerous times how much they like the U.S. and some have relatives in America. Highest mountain is over 24,400' but the country is more than 3/4 mountains. Have been to a couple of movies here in English and can get a pretty good Mexican burrito in Bishkek. Amazing place.
One thing's for certain OF wouldn't have the balls to do what you're doing. Perhaps you could replace Anthony Bourdain. Tell me does the high altitude bother you? Central Asia is still a land of mystery for many. Good to see that their so receptive despite the language barrier. BTW are there any remnants of the Silk Road still in existence?

Oldfart

One thing's for certain OF wouldn't have the balls to do what you're doing. Perhaps you could replace Anthony Bourdain. Tell me does the high altitude bother you? Central Asia is still a land of mystery for many. Good to see that their so receptive despite the language barrier. BTW are there any remnants of the Silk Road still in existence?
You are correct. I prefer to sleep in a bed with a wall around it. I sleep in a tent when I go camping, not as a way of life.

vantexan

It's about 5700' here in town so not bad at all. Very nice climate here. I hear that Uzbekistan next door is the big Silk Road destination. It went through Kyrgyzstan, but the Kyrgyz were nomadic. Uzbekistan has Silk Road cities with amazing architecture. They also make you jump through some hoops to visit.

bacha29

When I was in Kazakhstan a fellow told me that Trump was their greatest hope in keeping Putin out of their country. :)
But when we had the AF base in Kyrgyzstan the government refused to extend the lease beyond 2014. Now with Russian the official language rest assured if it would be profitable for him and his pals to invade that region he would cook up some excuse for doing so but with Ukraine first on his lists of conquests they might not get around to it for awhile.
With Poland being as flat as Kansas he might find the going much easier there.

vantexan

But when we had the AF base in Kyrgyzstan the government refused to extend the lease beyond 2014. Now with Russian the official language rest assured if it would be profitable for him and his pals to invade that region he would cook up some excuse for doing so but with Ukraine first on his lists of conquests they might not get around to it for awhile.
Russian is pretty much the official language throughout the former Soviet Union along with the local language. I don't see the strategic purpose of invading. Most of the Russian population has left after the USSR breakup. I was talking about Kazakhstan in previous post. Now there's a possibility. They have oil and agriculture. And 25% of the population is Russian. Seems Putin is interested in areas where there's still a significant Russian population.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

2cpmhm.jpg

floridays

Doesn't matter if Fred, Barksdale, Ken or your grand dad was CEO. You would still be bitter. That is my point. Miserables like you, tex and OP will never be happy. You should wake up tomorrow and be thankful you woke up and tell yourself you will have at least 1 positive thought. Give it a try. Might surprise you.
Where's Ken and what happened to him at Federal Express. You're correct It was FEDEX when Mr. May was shown the door.
Good man, the company couldn't sustain a man like him that stood on the founding pillars. Just my opinion.

floridays

Russian is pretty much the official language throughout the former Soviet Union along with the local language. I don't see the strategic purpose of invading. Most of the Russian population has left after the USSR breakup. I was talking about Kazakhstan in previous post. Now there's a possibility. They have oil and agriculture. And 25% of the population is Russian. Seems Putin is interested in areas where there's still a significant Russian population.
All BS Van, how many dark haired girls... all that matters. Ruskies, notorious blondes, or they don't photo the prettiest dark haired girls.

vantexan

All BS Van, how many dark haired girls... all that matters. Ruskies, notorious blondes, or they don't photo the prettiest dark haired girls.
I'm heading back to Bishkek, the capital, on Friday. Staying in same place I did before. There's a girl there, 21 yr old Kyrgyz, who'd probably be a college cheerleader in the States and marry a millionaire. And she's so sweet, doesn't seem to realise how gorgeous she is. Has a brother in California, hopes to move there. And not dumb either, likes to play chess.

bacha29

I'm heading back to Bishkek, the capital, on Friday. Staying in same place I did before. There's a girl there, 21 yr old Kyrgyz, who'd probably be a college cheerleader in the States and marry a millionaire. And she's so sweet, doesn't seem to realise how gorgeous she is. Has a brother in California, hopes to move there. And not dumb either, likes to play chess.
Doesn't matter how much money you've got because all you'l have in the end are your memories and you'll look back on this period in your life and smile.

Oldfart

Doesn't matter how much money you've got because all you'l have in the end are your memories and you'll look back on this period in your life and smile.
Yep. Living in a tent with no modern amenities when you are close to 60 because that is all you can afford is a great memory.

Oldfart

Where's Ken and what happened to him at Federal Express. You're correct It was FEDEX when Mr. May was shown the door.
Good man, the company couldn't sustain a man like him that stood on the founding pillars. Just my opinion.
Ken retired from the golf firm he was running a while back. Very fine fella.

vantexan

Yep. Living in a tent with no modern amenities when you are close to 60 because that is all you can afford is a great memory.
Staying in a tent inside a hostel with air conditioning, excellent wifi, modern kitchen and restrooms, clean as a whistle, meeting travelers, $150 a month. Saving money, paying off bills, helping my parents.

Last edited:

bacha29

He's enjoying the opportunity to see the world and in doing so he sees the world from a much broader perspective than you obviously do. So tell me in the course of your lifetime what similar adventures have you undertaken>

vantexan

He's enjoying the opportunity to see the world and in doing so he sees the world from a much broader perspective than you obviously do. So tell me in the course of your lifetime what similar adventures have you undertaken>
Why he watches cars go round and round and round! :)