BEST MASK for coronavirus? (for in-hub workers)

Just curious if anybody has found a mask they like wearing for work in the hub during these coronavirus times...

I used to use 3M N95's with a valve before corona but now they aren't selling them anymore to regular citizens. Plus, I've heard ones with valves are not ideal for coronavirus because they don't work for air you breathe out.

Thanks.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
16a.jpg

freehoodies

Get one of the spandex blend ones. Most masks don't do anything to keep you safe from covid/anything, and these are no different.

But you can breathe through them and they dont have the earloops that cause migraines, and if its hot out you can soak them in cold water and they actually help keep you cool. They make the business portion of the day much less terrible than the disposable crap ones.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Funny, I sold masks on eBay before they banned me from selling them. Made some serious bank selling the Equate Walmart brand, now everyone’s hustling in on the market. Our center gives them out for free now, so I’d say free ones work best.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
New evidence points to the masks working to filter the virus only somewhat. This light viral loading may help explain symptom free infections.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
If I was an hourly I'd only use whatever the company gave to me for free

If I was a driver that :censored2: would come off and stay off all day once I was out of the barn

My sympathies to those of you in communist held areas where cuckk muzzles are MANDATORY

Undertow

A true N-95 can be more effective than the other stuff if one's top priority is protecting his/herself from catching COVID-19, but from what I can gather after talking with people who had a lot of prior experience with wearing them before the pandemic hit, they really have to be "fit tested" on a person's face to know for certain that it's really keeping out all that it can. For some folks, the material can kind of irritate their skin even in a climate controlled environment and many of them swear if there isn't a deep imprint of the perimeter of the mask on a person's face even two hours after removing it from a 6 to 10 hour shift, then it might not have been on tight enough to fully utilize it's capability.

I gave up on the one's the company hands out. They just can't hold up in the heat and humidity to last even half a shift. The one's I have used the most have neck loops which I use at work more than the ear loop ones but they are so thick with two layers that it's tougher to breathe. I think anything with an adjustable "nose clip" is a plus in that it can help create a tighter fit. Lots of folks I see like the gators as they tend not to retain as much heat but I tried one and couldn't keep it from coming off when I had to talk to someone. I doubt many of us ever encounter something that works perfectly with the kind of work we do. I put it on when I deliver into a business and I rarely ever use it when I'm doing the resi stops. Once I'm sweating. I need breaks from wearing it for sure.

Overpaid Union Thug

Just curious if anybody has found a mask they like wearing for work in the hub during these coronavirus times...

I used to use 3M N95's with a valve before corona but now they aren't selling them anymore to regular citizens. Plus, I've heard ones with valves are not ideal for coronavirus because they don't work for air you breathe out.

Thanks.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The ones they supply, out of the box that is not immediately in front of everybody and already contagious, wearing it correctly in order to maximize my own efficiency-sabotage.

35years

Gravy route

Thanks.
Still selling the N95 3M masks on ebay.
But you have to know how to spot the fakes.
Latest real ones are made for New Zealand in Korea....N95 standard is called "P2" in New Zealand. Look for the printing on the fabric itself and 3M makes NO N95/P2 masks with ear straps...head/neck straps only and are non-fold-able.

The ones with valves filter the air in but dispel unfiltered air out. So it would protect the wearer from getting, but not giving, the virus.

They work but are pricey...$75 for 10, but they are high quality and durable.

Last edited: