Best Superbowl Commercial ever! I SAID EVER!

island1fox

more,
I am sure it was --and that is how the left will"use" this ad. What was Clint thinking ??? Probably easy money --I know he is not an Obama Vote !!

klein

Für Meno :)
Eastwood has his own opinon, unlike many of you that just stick with what they dictate you.
I guess there is no such party out there, out of those 2 he would have to choose from.

“I’ve always been very liberal when it comes to people thinking for themselves,” said Eastwood, who supports gay marriage, abortion rights and environmental protection. “But I’m a big hawk on cutting the deficit. I was against the stimulus thing too. We shouldn’t be bailing out the banks and car companies. If a CEO can’t figure out how to make his company profitable, then he shouldn’t be the CEO.”

Sure is odd he did the Chrslyer commericial.

Like everything else, MONEY talks !

moreluck

golden ticket member
more,
I am sure it was --and that is how the left will"use" this ad. What was Clint thinking ??? Probably easy money --I know he is not an Obama Vote !!
Clint doesn't say an unkind word about anyone, but in his last interview that I heard with him commenting on the prez., he said the young man seems a little over his head! So I'm thinking he's a ABO vote too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Eastwood has his own opinon, unlike many of you that just stick with what they dictate you.
I guess there is no such party out there, out of those 2 he would have to choose from.

Sure is odd he did the Chrslyer commericial.

Like everything else, MONEY talks !

In his own words.......""I don't see myself as conservative, but I'm not ultra-leftist. ... I like the libertarian view, which is to leave everyone alone. Even as a kid, I was annoyed by people who wanted to tell everyone how to live."[SUP][5]

He voted for John McCain, not Obama in 2008.[/SUP]

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What if the "halftime" being referred to by Mr. Eastwood is the half way mark of Obama's work and he means to re-elect him for the 2nd half ? That's how I took it!

This wasn't the way that I took it. The "halfway" being referred to was the fact that the recession is over and our economy is rebounding.

I also felt that this was the best commercial of the night.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I liked the ad.
I felt it was powerful.
I didn't hear a political message and I wasn't watching TV directly; I didn't know what Eastwood was selling yet I was inspired by the message.

Not everything has an agenda or is left or right.
How about celebrating American.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I felt like the comentary was on the strength of the American spirit as a whole. The fact that we went thru and are still going thru a tough time and that we as a nation will not give up. We are strong and we will come out stronger!! If we all come together and stop the rediculous partison battles. The only way to be strong is together, it can be done and it should be done!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
If it's suppose to be a Chrysler ad........then why did USA Today have a full page spread of a full shot of Clint Eastwood saying it's halftime in America and no where on the entire page is Chrysler even mentioned. It was definitely a political ad IMO.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
WOW, somebody just watched the FIVE .... Regardless, The ads running in the papers today are merely "reminders" without placing the whole ad in the paper. IF CLINTS image makes you think about the ad, then the AD WORKED.

If Clints image means nothing to the reader, then the AD failed.

Clearly, people associate the image with the ad and its message of the American Spirit. If anyone is against the american spirit, then thats another issue alltogether.

Peace.

TOS

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Clint Eastwood is an icon.

I think the full page of Clint Eastwood, in my opinion, is respect to a man that gave us so much but never bothered with being a celebrity.

I never bothered with his movies until I saw the one with Hillary Swank.
I saw Grand Torino and I was hooked.

Eastwood doesn't bother with PC BS.
He calls it as it is.

texan

Clint Eastwood is an icon.

I think the full page of Clint Eastwood, in my opinion, is respect to a man that gave us so much but never bothered with being a celebrity.

I never bothered with his movies until I saw the one with Hillary Swank.
I saw Grand Torino and I was hooked.

Eastwood doesn't bother with PC BS.
He calls it as it is.
True American Hero / Icon. Great post AJ.

bbsam

Staff member
Here ya go. Let's say it is political. Is it full of lies, half truths, and attacks? No. It's true and positive. Imagine if Obama and his Super-pacs take a lesson from this. He does have things to brag about.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Monday, February 6, 2012 @ 7:32 pm | Clint Eastwood: “I Am Certainly Not Politically Affiliated With Mr. Obama”…

Not all that surprising, Eastwood leans to the right, has previously said he’s “no fan” of Obama and is on record as opposing the auto bailout.
Via Fox Nation:
Following the fall out over the controversial Chrysler Super Bowl halftime ad, Clint Eastwood spoke exclusively with O’Reilly Factor producer Ron Mitchell:

“I just want to say that the spin stops with you guys, and there is no spin in that ad. On this I am certain.
l am certainly not politically affiliated with Mr. Obama. It was meant to be a message about just about job growth and the spirit of America.
I think all politicians will agree with it. I thought the spirit was OK.

I am not supporting any politician at this time.

Chrysler to their credit didn’t even have cars in the ad.

Anything they gave me for it went for charity.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Monday, February 6, 2012 @ 7:32 pm | Clint Eastwood: “I Am Certainly Not Politically Affiliated With Mr. Obama”…

Not all that surprising, Eastwood leans to the right, has previously said he’s “no fan” of Obama and is on record as opposing the auto bailout.
Via Fox Nation:
Following the fall out over the controversial Chrysler Super Bowl halftime ad, Clint Eastwood spoke exclusively with O’Reilly Factor producer Ron Mitchell:

“I just want to say that the spin stops with you guys, and there is no spin in that ad. On this I am certain.
l am certainly not politically affiliated with Mr. Obama. It was meant to be a message about just about job growth and the spirit of America.
I think all politicians will agree with it. I thought the spirit was OK.

I am not supporting any politician at this time.

Chrysler to their credit didn’t even have cars in the ad.

Anything they gave me for it went for charity.

See post 12

brown bomber

brown bomber
This wasn't the way that I took it. The "halfway" being referred to was the fact that the recession is over and our economy is rebounding.

I also felt that this was the best commercial of the night.
oh well....on your advice and Clint's............I'm going all in......I might as well.........30 yr. notes are barely giving back 3%.......the more you save......eventually, the less you have..............can't even keep up with the meager inflation numbers........if you want to get ahead...you have to purchase stock, commodities....and high quality corporate and municipal bonds

Talk to your investment advisor.........my advise is free.......I also have an advisor