Best Superbowl Commercial ever! I SAID EVER!

bbsam

Staff member
Dana Perino (cutest press secretary ever) said that the Obama admin. should've just sat on their hands and said nothing.
Cute as she is, I hardly think the democrats feel the need to take her advice. I don't think it has hurt them in the least. Dana might have suggested to Rove that he find a bunker to lock his mouth away in.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dana Perino (cutest press secretary ever) said that the Obama admin. should've just sat on their hands and said nothing.

Karl Rove the GOP operative was all over the commercial, saying it was Eastwood paying tribute to Obama. That's partisan crap too. It was an excellent commercial, and I think it was encouragement to keep moving forward. No political spin intended. Screw you, Rove.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Karl Rove the GOP operative was all over the commercial, saying it was Eastwood paying tribute to Obama. That's partisan crap too. It was an excellent commercial, and I think it was encouragement to keep moving forward. No political spin intended. Screw you, Rove.
30 seconds after the commercial aired I said to my hubby that was about Obama having a second half. I didn't need anyone else's interpretation. I thought it was a Rah, Rah to his G.M.bailout and a hint that it's only half done.

If it was a car commercial I don't remember seeing a car at all. I remember the truck in the Chevy truck commercial.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Did you miss the part where Clint says "soon the world will hear our engines roar?"

Its a subtle suggestion the auto industry is on the road to recovery.

Thats where the auto industry was mentioned. I loved the ad.

Peace.

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]Clint Eastwood's Chrysler Super Bowl Ad: The Untold Obama Connection[/h]
[h=2]Two members of the creative team that produced the two-minute minute spot for ad agency Wieden+Kennedy donated their personal time in 2008 to make pro-Obama art.[/h]
Several members of the Wieden+Kennedy team that produced the Eastwood spot were among the creative professionals who privately supported Obama’s first election campaign. Creative director Aaron Allen, for example, created a striking poster, called "United the States of America," on candidate Obama’s behalf. The poster shows an Obama silhouette bringing together red and blue spheres meant to represent America’s partisan division. His official bio notes that he “also works on personal art projects, including a poster for the 2008 Obama campaign that was shown in several galleries and publications.”
The ad’s art director, Jimm Lasser, created an entire art exhibit in New York around Nike-style shoes bearing Obama’s image. Another of the creative directors, Michael Tabtabai has used his Twitter account recently to send out the message “Obama x Incredible Hulk. America STRONG!” and linking to an image of an action doll of the president looking like the comic book super hero.

bbsam

Staff member
30 seconds after the commercial aired I said to my hubby that was about Obama having a second half. I didn't need anyone else's interpretation. I thought it was a Rah, Rah to his G.M.bailout and a hint that it's only half done.

If it was a car commercial I don't remember seeing a car at all. I remember the truck in the Chevy truck commercial.

You didn't see a car, so it wasn't a car commercial. You didn't see Obama, what made it an Obama commercial?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

Why would Chrysler be praising the GM bailout? If you watch the whole thing the ending is a full screen of all the Chrysler brands.

This kind of blame game is exactly the problem with politics in America today. Lets stop all the B/S in politics now and put all the so called experts from every party together to find a common ground we can all be proud to call The UNITED States of America.

moreluck

golden ticket member
5 people can view the same thing and have 5 different stories....like the witnesses at a traffic accident. . . . or have 5 different answers like the people who answer your questions at the IRS.
That's the way it is.

bbsam

Staff member
5 people can view the same thing and have 5 different stories....like the witnesses at a traffic accident. . . . or have 5 different answers like the people who answer your questions at the IRS.
That's the way it is.

And some simply see what they want to see in order to reinforce their preconceived ideas.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
not-quite-halftime.jpg