Bezos does the expected for once.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So, the heat is on for more competition to convince people to work for slave wages. Just where is this endless supply of fools gonna' come from?

bbsam

Staff member
This thing by your own admission has caught your fancy I'm just pointing out a few scenarios that could occur. You know Bezos calls this arrangement a "partnership" which has a legal definition and requires the filing of a partnership federal tax return ( 1065) and each partners K-1. But if they were to flip you a 1099" miscellaneous income" the lawsuits are almost certain to start flying .
“My fancy” as you put it is completely contained here on the pages of BC.

bbsam

Staff member
So, the heat is on for more competition to convince people to work for slave wages. Just where is this endless supply of fools gonna' come from?
Well, one of my drivers put a link on Facebook and we had about 15 interested in 24 hours.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This thing by your own admission has caught your fancy I'm just pointing out a few scenarios that could occur. You know Bezos calls this arrangement a "partnership" which has a legal definition and requires the filing of a partnership federal tax return ( 1065) and each partners K-1. But if they were to flip you a 1099" miscellaneous income" the lawsuits are almost certain to start flying .

It's like a guy who played HS football giving advice to Aaron Rodgers.

vantexan

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Besides, it helps to have someone who knows more about it than you two combined. Granted, the bar is low.
And I've demonstrated knowledge on things that you were obviously uninformed on. Didn't stop you from trying to discount it. You're an arrogant twit.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well, one of my drivers put a link on Facebook and we had about 15 interested in 24 hours.
None. It was actually listed as bbsam inc.
But you're still at the mercy of FedEx or Amazon approving these people. Out of those 15 that are "interested", how many do you think realistically will actually get hired? And out of those, how many will make it to the first year?

bbsam

Staff member
But you're still at the mercy of FedEx or Amazon approving these people. Out of those 15 that are "interested", how many do you think realistically will actually get hired? And out of those, how many will make it to the first year?
I have no idea. But the interest is there which surprised me.

dvalleyjim

Maybe so. Sounds like the kind of headaches we contractors who stuck around have gotten used to.

I wouldn’t mind running 20 trucks and making $150,000 on top of what I make at Ground.

With my own DOT number I’d probably let the vehicle appearance go to hell and just keep replacing them every 5 years or so. Some guys act like once they pay off an asset they make loads of money. Maybe. I like getting new trucks though.

Getting new trucks is the way to go. I spent thousands on keeping paid off trucks running. in the end I decided you need to have high quality equipment.

It will be fine

Amazon has no experience requirement. Drivers get approved in 3 days over there. It’s not a very thorough vetting process.

badpal

I would not be surprised to see X and Amazon put something together to “help” X contractors get into the Amazon game. Both would benefit from having contractors diversified.
Might fred just sell Amazon the whole ground business?

bacha29

And I've demonstrated knowledge on things that you were obviously uninformed on. Didn't stop you from trying to discount it. You're an arrogant twit.
He certainly is. What the two of us had is common is that we came from nothing, had nothing and therefore were projected to amount to to nothing. Nevertheless we made a pretty good accounting of ourselves. I would love to see how a snotty little millennial like Dano would perform in a similar environment. One completely removed from his sheltered little world. Better yet just think how he would do if he had to grow up with the World War II generation.

Oldfart

He certainly is. What the two of us had is common is that we came from nothing, had nothing and therefore were projected to amount to to nothing. Nevertheless we made a pretty good accounting of ourselves. I would love to see how a snotty little millennial like Dano would perform in a similar environment. One completely removed from his sheltered little world. Better yet just think how he would do if he had to grow up with the World War II generation.
Started with nothing. Will end with nothing.