Bezos does the expected for once.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Nope, I don't need or want to work 12-13 hour days. We get treated like humans while you are treated like dogs. My hands are still numb from riding around in my new Reach truck with COLD ac while listening to my Sirius radio and stepping over my 2 wheeler with cobwebs on it from lack of use. I make a good living and wouldn't trade jobs. I worked at UPS in the early 70's and made the right move going to Fedex.

And yet, I am able to excel in the same job you had. Sure doesn't say much for you. Bummer
In one post you say you hardly do anything. Then a few posts later all of the sudden you excel at your job. I'd say your full of sht.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
My kids played competitive sports when they were younger. I never missed a game or practice during the week. While you were crying about working till 2130 during the week, I was sitting in the stands watching my kids. I get 6 weeks of paid time off and have been to 8 Nascar races, 1 NHRA National Event, 1 Monster Supercross race and have Alabama football coming soon. My copious amount of vacation has given me the opportunity to do what I want while taking multiple 3 and 4 day weekends. Meanwhile you work all night, can't do anything of substance during the week unless you take a day off and still whine while making a good living. Bummer
I somehow skipped over this post. There you go ASSUMING things again. SOMETIMES I work late this is true. But conversely SOMETIMES I'm off as early as 2 in the afternoon. So your saying at FedEx you never have long days. Everyday is amazing and everyone lives a blissful life.

This week has SUCKED so far. It's Wednesday and I already have 41 hours in. But here's the kicker. From Wednesday on every hour I work after 9.5 hours I get triple time. That's $110.70 an hour. I did 4 hours of that today. I made $821.02 today.

I made 820 dollars to deliver cardboard today. So whatever b.s. you have to say about going to concerts or whatever, save it. I dont care. I go to work to make money.

Also if you start at 530 a.m. your up at what 4-4:30 am. I'm sure your living it up every single day. OR maybe your old ass is passed out every night by 8.

You spew so much garbage it's hard to know what's real or not.

Oldfart

I somehow skipped over this post. There you go ASSUMING things again. SOMETIMES I work late this is true. But conversely SOMETIMES I'm off as early as 2 in the afternoon. So your saying at FedEx you never have long days. Everyday is amazing and everyone lives a blissful life.

This week has SUCKED so far. It's Wednesday and I already have 41 hours in. But here's the kicker. From Wednesday on every hour I work after 9.5 hours I get triple time. That's $110.70 an hour. I did 4 hours of that today. I made $821.02 today.

I made 820 dollars to deliver cardboard today. So whatever b.s. you have to say about going to concerts or whatever, save it. I dont care. I go to work to make money.

Also if you start at 530 a.m. your up at what 4-4:30 am. I'm sure your living it up every single day. OR maybe your old ass is passed out every night by 8.

You spew so much garbage it's hard to know what's real or not.
Up at 4 am everyday for the last 35 or so years. Still gives me time to do plenty after work and in the evening and get to bed by 1030 or so. What good is $821 if you don't have the free time to enjoy it?

Oldfart

In one post you say you hardly do anything. Then a few posts later all of the sudden you excel at your job. I'd say your full of sht.

Where did I ever say I don't do anything? My 2 wheeler has cobwebs because I have a rt that has plenty of docks and doesn't require pushing freight in the door or in mailrooms. Haven't used it in several weeks.
I do have a new truck with the coldest air possible and have an awesome Sirius radio that is tuned to The Beatles or Stern all day. Sweet.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If he disagrees with you he starts with the black helicopter stuff, suggests one doesn't know anything if one is a courier, that sort of thing. Gets old.

I disagree with lots of people. Would never suggest one doesn't know anything simply because one is a courier.

Some couriers will look at their knowledge of what's immediately accessible to them and attempt to extrapolate that knowledge far beyond all reason. Gets old. BTW, black helicopter comments are EARNED, NEVER GIVEN.

vantexan

I disagree with lots of people. Would never suggest one doesn't know anything simply because one is a courier.

Some couriers will look at their knowledge of what's immediately accessible to them and attempt to extrapolate that knowledge far beyond all reason. Gets old. BTW, black helicopter comments are EARNED, NEVER GIVEN.
Yeah, like you telling me Wall Street buys stock for appreciation. And my telling you that they buy stock when dividends are paid which drives up price then company exec's exercise their options and make serious money. It's a symbiotic relationship. You started talking about my lack of understanding as a courier and about black helicopters. You've used that business about couriers being basically simpletons who can't grasp what management does numerous times. Which is why I call you arrogant. You can come on here and spin any way you like but over the years you've done exactly that. I've met plenty of couriers who are as you describe. I've known quite a few with degrees who ended up at FedEx. And were highly intelligent. And I've known plenty of couriers who through experience gained insight and wisdom. You tend to give a blanket dismissal of us as a group. Things are just too complex for us to understand. And doggedly refuse to ever admit you are wrong. Now excuse me, the black helicopter is here, can't miss the flight.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Yeah, like you telling me Wall Street buys stock for appreciation. And my telling you that they buy stock when dividends are paid which drives up price then company exec's exercise their options and make serious money. It's a symbiotic relationship. You started talking about my lack of understanding as a courier and about black helicopters. You've used that business about couriers being basically simpletons who can't grasp what management does numerous times. Which is why I call you arrogant. You can come on here and spin any way you like but over the years you've done exactly that. I've met plenty of couriers who are as you describe. I've known quite a few with degrees who ended up at FedEx. And were highly intelligent. And I've known plenty of couriers who through experience gained insight and wisdom. You tend to give a blanket dismissal of us as a group. Things are just too complex for us to understand. And doggedly refuse to ever admit you are wrong. Now excuse me, the black helicopter is here, can't miss the flight.
And Dano still bleeds purple too. He never quit FedEx because in his mind the company would never survive without him. This "new job" thing is just ruse.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yeah, like you telling me Wall Street buys stock for appreciation. And my telling you that they buy stock when dividends are paid which drives up price then company exec's exercise their options and make serious money.

Crawled out of your tent to offer up more financial wisdom, did you?

You started talking about my lack of understanding as a courier and about black helicopters. You've used that business about couriers being basically simpletons who can't grasp what management does numerous times. Which is why I call you arrogant.

Just because you present yourself as limited doesn't mean that I think all couriers are limited.

vantexan

Crawled out of your tent to offer up more financial wisdom, did you?

Just because you present yourself as limited doesn't mean that I think all couriers are limited.
Oh, ZING! Can't admit the truth about yourself? Does the mirror crack when you look in it?