Bid sheet problems

UPS0526

BrownAndDown
So I’m the top senior cover driver in my building. We had a driver retire the week before thanksgiving and I’m up for the full time spot. So I waited for the bid sheet to go up and I was first to sign it. My center manager pulls me in to the office to advise me I wasn’t eligible for the position because I didn’t sign the previous bid sheet. I was on FMLA leave when that sheet went up and came down. How’s that fair? He said the contract states he has to go off of the bid sheet from the quarter in which the driver retired.

nWo

If you're going to be off on FMLA you need to have someone check the bid board for you. Or go into work every day and check it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I’m the top senior cover driver in my building. We had a driver retire the week before thanksgiving and I’m up for the full time spot. So I waited for the bid sheet to go up and I was first to sign it. My center manager pulls me in to the office to advise me I wasn’t eligible for the position because I didn’t sign the previous bid sheet. I was on FMLA leave when that sheet went up and came down. How’s that fair? He said the contract states he has to go off of the bid sheet from the quarter in which the driver retired.
That sucks

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
That sucks you are THE TOP SENIOR cover driver...

What if THE LOWEST OF THE LOW cover driver ended up with it..

Sad day.

UPSER1987

Blame your union steward. He/she should have informed you. This is a union responsibility, not management.

Overpaid Union Thug

Blame your union steward. He/she should have informed you. This is a union responsibility, not management.
He didn’t sign the pool bid sheet to go full time or inform the union of his intention to. It’s not the union’s responsibility to make sure everyone signs them. Especially in a big center. Any steward that does that is doing so as a courtesy.

UPSER1987

He didn’t sign the pool bid sheet to go full time or inform the union of his intention to. It’s not the union’s responsibility to make sure everyone signs them. Especially in a big center. Any steward that does that is doing so as a courtesy.
Well consider it another lazy union steward
not doing his job.

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
How’s that fair?
It would be up to you to make sure that you signed the bids that were hung while you were out on FMLA. As a courtesy, some managers call people that are off that they know are interested. It is a courtesy. Same with stewards that call, it is a courtesy only.

RayLewis

A steward’s job isn’t to hold our hands and makes sure we sign bid sheets. Welcome to adulthood.
gotta love this place... unless u make alot of friends, who will all give a different answer, you learn the hard way. been at ups 4 yrs, no one tells you anything. everyone passes the buck. Ony way to learn is by making mistakes or getting screwed over. ups and the union are like a divorced couple, and ups isnt gonna do anything unless ordered by a judge

542thruNthru

gotta love this place... unless u make alot of friends, who will all give a different answer, you learn the hard way. been at ups 4 yrs, no one tells you anything. everyone passes the buck. Ony way to learn is by making mistakes or getting screwed over. ups and the union are like a divorced couple, and ups isnt gonna do anything unless ordered by a judge
Here you go...

90% of what you need to know working at UPS. You're welcome. ;)

rp3

We had a similar problem had a senior driver on work comp, he tried to bid a different route. He wasn't eligible due to him not returning to work with in a month of bid sheet posting that's in the central.

CitizenTruth

Someone should have told you