BIDEN BLOWS UP OIL PRICES BY CANCELLING DRILLING IN U.S. NOW BEGS OPEC

vantexan

Where did I say specifically 1940 AND WWII? Hitler and Tojo had no oil to fuel their global conquests so they invaded the places where it was. Ok so we were the largest producer oil in 1940. What you failed to disclose was how many barrels per day we were consuming in 1940. Well, in an effort to help you out according to the USEIA US domestic oil production in 1940 was 4.9 MBPD and we were consuming about the same amount. Today were are producing about 11.9 MBPD and consuming on average 20 MBPD.
You said Hitler invaded North Africa on his way to the Middle East. That Japan invaded the South Pacific for oil. Except for Kirkuk in Iraq there were no Middle Eastern oilfields. Indonesia is not the South Pacific. The Japanese overran those islands for conquest. You make up stuff all the time.

vantexan

Oh so you paid it yourself?
You keep framing it as I wiggled my way out of paying a bill. The Financial Aid rep came in, asked me some questions, said they should be able to write this off. I never asked for it. Don't tell me if you were in the same you would have refused them? You have no issue with the government covering the healthcare of illegal immigrants but in spite of me having health problems and not being able to afford ridiculously high insurance you think I'm supposed to pay on those bills the rest of my life rather than accept their generous offer. That's ridiculous.

bacha29

You keep framing it as I wiggled my way out of paying a bill. The Financial Aid rep came in, asked me some questions, said they should be able to write this off. I never asked for it. Don't tell me if you were in the same you would have refused them? You have no issue with the government covering the healthcare of illegal immigrants but in spite of me having health problems and not being able to afford ridiculously high insurance you think I'm supposed to pay on those bills the rest of my life rather than accept their generous offer. That's ridiculous.
Here you go again trying to blame illegals in order to try to cover up for your lack of personal responsibility by not buying health insurance. Illegals have nothing to do with it. Now you never told me just WHO did the hospital assess that bill to? Well, let me help you. Hospitals are required to set aside a minimum required amount of money to pay the bills for deadbeats like you who stiff them with their bill. How do they raise the money. They boost service fees and charges to raise it and pass it on to the responsible people who buy health insurance . Some money is raised through donations .Then what happens? They write it off as charitable donations against income that would otherwise be taxable whether it be federal, state, or local.

So pal you were either stiffing the hospital, stiffing the responsible people who bought health insurance or stiffing the taxpayers who had to work to offset the tax revenue lost due to donations.....And you call yourself a conservative? If so what kind? After all one of your party's most stringent political pillars is personal responsibility which it is always out there preaching.

vantexan

Here you go again trying to blame illegals in order to try to cover up for your lack of personal responsibility by not buying health insurance. Illegals have nothing to do with it. Now you never told me just WHO did the hospital assess that bill to? Well, let me help you. Hospitals are required to set aside a minimum required amount of money to pay the bills for deadbeats like you who stiff them with their bill. How do they raise the money. They boost service fees and charges to raise it and pass it on to the responsible people who buy health insurance . Some money is raised through donations .Then what happens? They write it off as charitable donations against income that would otherwise be taxable whether it be federal, state, or local.

So pal you were either stiffing the hospital, stiffing the responsible people who bought health insurance or stiffing the taxpayers who had to work to offset the tax revenue lost due to donations.....And you call yourself a conservative? If so what kind? After all one of your party's most stringent political pillars is personal responsibility which it is always out there preaching.
How did I stiff them? And I don't blame the illegals. I blame liberals like you who salivate at the thought of all those potential new votes.

vantexan

And by the way they're a non-profit so they aren't writing off donations.

vantexan

You're ignoring private and corporate donations TO that non profit hospitals and those ARE tax deductible to the donor.
OK, I thought you were saying the hospital. So private citizens and corporations make donations. The hospital uses them to cover low income people with no insurance. How is that your problem? Tell me again how I stiffed them when I didn't even ask them for forgiveness?

bacha29

OK, I thought you were saying the hospital. So private citizens and corporations make donations. The hospital uses them to cover low income people with no insurance. How is that your problem? Tell me again how I stiffed them when I didn't even ask them for forgiveness?
Did you present them with your health insurance cards when you were registered as a patient when you entered the hospital? Registration as a patient and insurance information is the first item of business when you enter the hospital. So don't try to tell me that you were not asked for insurance information before the public welfare agent showed up.

bacha29

Start at the beginning, they suck, then go from there.
Let's start with the fact that you are a member of a union and if you don't know how it came about that you COULD form a union and belong to one and enjoy the benefits of belonging to one then that is where we need to start with you DIDO.

bacha29

You said Hitler invaded North Africa on his way to the Middle East. That Japan invaded the South Pacific for oil. Except for Kirkuk in Iraq there were no Middle Eastern oilfields. Indonesia is not the South Pacific. The Japanese overran those islands for conquest. You make up stuff all the time.
Libya had the largest reserves of oil in North Africa. That is why Hitler was there along with being in Tunisia and the Italians and Vicky French in Egypt. There until the Allies drove them out. If they had not he would have continued onward in his effort to gain control over Middle Eastern oil.

Indonesia a group which encompasses a very large large part of the South Pacific and Malaysia had both oil and rubber major resources which Japan needed to fulfill it's military objectives including and invasion of Australia and New Zealand .

You're a history guy . I'm sure that you know that the war in North Africa, Middle East, South East Asia and South Pacific was about natural resources .

vantexan

Did you present them with your health insurance cards when you were registered as a patient when you entered the hospital? Registration as a patient and insurance information is the first item of business when you enter the hospital. So don't try to tell me that you were not asked for insurance information before the public welfare agent showed up.
Of course they asked and I told them I was uninsured. They didn't refuse me service. I had no idea they would offer to write it off. I was prepared to give them something monthly the rest of my life.

vantexan

Libya had the largest reserves of oil in North Africa. That is why Hitler was there along with being in Tunisia and the Italians and Vicky French in Egypt. There until the Allies drove them out. If they had not he would have continued onward in his effort to gain control over Middle Eastern oil.

Indonesia a group which encompasses a very large large part of the South Pacific and Malaysia had both oil and rubber major resources which Japan needed to fulfill it's military objectives including and invasion of Australia and New Zealand .

You're a history guy . I'm sure that you know that the war in North Africa, Middle East, South East Asia and South Pacific was about natural resources .
Once you got past U.S. production it went way down to Venezuela and the Soviet Union. From there we're talking countries with miniscule production. And you specifically said Hitler was in North Africa to get to Middle East oil. And Indonesia is adjacent to the South Pacific. It's not considered the South Pacific. And I'm nickel and diming you on this because of the constant B.S. you level at me. And the British controlled Malaysia during the war.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What does that have to do with this thread?
Why don't you start your own about that?

bacha29

Of course they asked and I told them I was uninsured. They didn't refuse me service. I had no idea they would offer to write it off. I was prepared to give them something monthly the rest of my life.
How else were they supposed to survive? Pay employees and suppliers? And keep the doors open if there wasn't somebody with the foresight to know ahead of time that people like you were going to show up. What kind of conservatism do you call somebody who failed to purchase health insurance despite knowing that his health was fragile and under the ACA could purchase insurance at heavily subsided rates? And here's the good part if the state where the person was located went into the expanded Medicaid portion of the ACA the state would never have to bear more than 10% of the cost of the expanded Medicaid program. Therefore you would have been covered under the expanded Medicaid if you live there long enough, and your income was low enough and the state was a participant in the expanded Medicaid program

Unfortunately for you, Kansas and Florida are two of the 12 states that whose legislatures have voted not to participate leaving you SOL if it were not for the hospital having some reserves for charity cases like yours and there was some available for you. We Dems devised, introduced and passed into law legislation designed to help people like you but GOP controlled state legislatures blocked the expanded Medicaid portion, the portion that would have helped you the most. Remember "repeal and replace"? That was their answer when it came to your party's concern for people in your position.

bacha29

What does that have to do with this thread?
Why don't you start your own about that?
What I'm pointing out here is that we Dems have done far more to respond to the everyday challenges that people of average means confront than what your beloved Dear Leader and his gang has or ever will do. Likewise the US joined with dozens of other nations to sign the Paris Climate Accord and the Biden Administration has committed itself to fulfilling it's commitments. No better example of the need to find cleaner more secure and hopefully more economical alternative sources of energy than we saw today with Saudi Arabia's betrayal of the US . Remember, it wasn't that many years ago when the Saudi's came to us and asked us to drive the Iraqi's out of Kuwait and to PROTECT THE KINGDOM in exchange for reliable, and adequate supplies of Saudi oil at reasonable prices. A deal struck by Jim Baker and Daddy Bush You saw today just how much they can be trusted. It's 1973 all over again.