Big Announcement

DaveA

Record profits 7.8 billion thanks to trump's corporate tax break of around 13%. I think last year was over 6 billion for the first time. This new CEO Carol time is the best thing to happen to ups in years so far. Wondering what our next contract will look like under her regime. I bet the dividend won't be the same as when she started. In 2 years ups stock will be around 300 a share

Nice to dream. Not sure I agree on $300, though I would be thrilled to see it. I just think there are too many wildcards. Amazon in particular. They are going to continue pulling back more and more of their volume as they deliver their own packages.

cachmeifucan

Nice to dream. Not sure I agree on $300, though I would be thrilled to see it. I just think there are too many wildcards. Amazon in particular. They are going to continue pulling back more and more of their volume as they deliver their own packages.
I read a article on Reuters that said 300. Carol time is worried about about Amazon taking our pie and plans to be defensive. The article said 300 in 2 years.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Record profits 7.8 billion thanks to trump's corporate tax break of around 13%. I think last year was over 6 billion for the first time. This new CEO Carol time is the best thing to happen to ups in years so far. Wondering what our next contract will look like under her regime. I bet the dividend won't be the same as when she started. In 2 years ups stock will be around 300 a share
What miracle are you praying for that would drive this stock up to the $300/share mark? Tome is certainly far better than Abney, but she won't do crap except tee the company up for an AMZN purchase. Just watch.

What miracle are you praying for that would drive this stock up to the $300/share mark? Tome is certainly far better than Abney, but she won't do crap except tee the company up for an AMZN purchase. Just watch.
A 400 million share buyback....a slam dunk

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
As of today, UPS has over $28 billion in debt and climbing daily. Their negative tangible book value of about $5 billion comes after having annual free cash flow of around $4 to $5 billion for the past several years.
Carol must have her head up and locked if she saw selling off Freight as a strategic withdrawal. With billions of internet sales on the rise and reverse logistics (Returns) almost 30% of the overall transactions, only a bunch of idiots could lose money with a network like UPS's.
PVD's are going to streak past the package car delivery model, but losing ANY FMLM capacity resembles final gasps....