Breaking Up Call-Ins With Optional Day

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
I have perfect attendance on a preload sort but something has come up and I need four days off to take care of something. It is my understanding if I call in on a Monday and Tuesday that only counts as 1 call-in because they are consecutive, and then if I take an optional day on Wednesday, call in Thursday and then work Friday as normal, I would technically only be charged two call-ins. The Mon/Tue as one and the Thur as one. I know it's a weird situation but is that your understanding of how that would work?
Lol …you think you’ll be a RPCD? …HA
😆😆😆

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have perfect attendance on a preload sort but something has come up and I need four days off to take care of something. It is my understanding if I call in on a Monday and Tuesday that only counts as 1 call-in because they are consecutive, and then if I take an optional day on Wednesday, call in Thursday and then work Friday as normal, I would technically only be charged two call-ins. The Mon/Tue as one and the Thur as one. I know it's a weird situation but is that your understanding of how that would work?
I didn't know convicts have Wi-Fi access in jail? 🤔

PPH_over_9000

I could have been an RPCD several times over. That has nothing to do with any of this.

You're talking to the Gatekeeper, brother. She's only got eyes for Rick Moranis.

You might convince her to let you stick a key in there, idk. She seems slutty enough but we've all seen Ghostbusters. Bitch is stone-cold.

BrownSnowFlake

Yeah that should work try and
“discuss” it whith them
You must be new
When I was in my first year of driving I asked my supervisor to take a Wed off even though I didn’t have any PTO accrued. I told him my wife was having surgery, which was the truth. He made it happen. I had -9 hours of vacation for a while after that which was weird but not my problem.

The point is you can get what you want sometimes by acting like an adult and a professional instead of playing :censored2:-:censored2: games and thumping your contract book like a Bible. I know you’re just going to call me a runner and a kiss-ass anyways so let me save you the trouble of typing it all out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When I was in my first year of driving I asked my supervisor to take a Wed off even though I didn’t have any PTO accrued. I told him my wife was having surgery, which was the truth. He made it happen. I had -9 hours of vacation for a while after that which was weird but not my problem.

The point is you can get what you want sometimes by acting like an adult and a professional instead of playing :censored2:-:censored2: games and thumping your contract book like a Bible. I know you’re just going to call me a runner and a kiss-ass anyways so let me save you the trouble of typing it all out.
Ok

HarryWarden

You could have just called in also lol

HarryWarden

But instead he handled it properly and all parties walked away satisfied.
True, but if the company said no would he have not been there for the surgery?

I’m just saying for situations like that, you do have protection and you don’t need to “ask”. I rarely ever call in, so for a situation like that I would more tell my supervisor “hey I won’t be here this day”, so you’re still giving them a heads up but you’re not begging them.

If they write you up, whatever not a big deal, but you can keep that in the back of your head