Big Brown wins/Fred S cries

mibakhurts

UPS should have made a commercial with Dale Jarrett and Big Brown, and had Jarrett tell Big Brown about horsepower.........And UPS must have been the first Company to EVER tag a rider in the Kentucky Derby. Jockies will look like NASCAR cars soon, with patches all over there body. Companies will start buying horses and cars to sponsor.UPS will get into the horse business too. Big Brown the company, just keeps getting bigger and better!!!!Just a suggestion, not a real thing.

Last edited:

trickpony1

The fact that the winner of todays Kentucky Derby was a horse that had a name that could remotely be associated with a big, and sometimes obnoxious, big business is overshadowed only by the fact that an animal lost its life feeding the greed of mankind.
It is the nature of the horse to be free,to run, to roam. Man has figured out a way to capitalize on the truly free spirit of the horse.
Wanna know what poetic justice would be? .....if the winner of todays horse race was found to have performance enhancers in the system. That would so encapsulate the greed of mankind, of big business and the tragedy of a life lost.
I hope all that bet and won on todays horse race slowly suffocate on their greed.
Go ahead and negative rep me....I don't care.

25yrvet

The ivory towers could come up with a new direction for their commercials. Loose the dude drawing on the white board and incorporate the horse into the ads.
Wouldn't it be cool to have a pic of the horse on our feeder trailers??

moreluck

golden ticket member
It was a sad event with the #2 horse breaking both legs. It does happen.

The very first time ever that I went to a race track (DelMar) I bet on a horse with "Hoffa" in his name. He fell during the race and was carried off by horse ambulance and put down later that day.

It happens to humans when they exert themselves in sports too.

If that horse was having a problem with its legs and they raced him anyhow, then I can see the greed involved. However, I think thoroughbreds love to run and love to outrun the other horses.

I would like to see them get rid of boxing and ultimate fighting first, where the humans get killed or dopey for life.

mikestrek

I`m sure Fredex isn`t happy with the publicity UPS is going to get now.

WOW! I just won $2,000.00 in a reverse draw for charity. Paid 100.00 for the ticket. Anyway, we used horse names, Mine was specialdelivery because I work for UPS. bigbrown WINS, The UPS gods are on our side folks.

Seriosly, Let's triple crown this thing.

dragracer66

Parcel should stick with horse racing. They got more exposure in one race than they did with Jarret for all those years!!!!

BigBrownSanta

There were a few symbolic lessons and/or ironies in today's race.

1. As employees, we are (figuratively speaking) whipped and beaten to do our best to win.

2. If you don't win first place, your life's not worth spit.

3. If you get injured, you're gone.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

1. As employees, we are (figuratively speaking) whipped and beaten to do our best to win.

At least they don't shoot us when we get injured!:wink2: Congratulations to Big Brown, I thought a win was a long shot. This almost wants me want to get back in the horse business, we used to have Arabians and Quarter horses back when we had a family farm.

trickpony1

.....hence my alluding to "greed".

trickpony1

Why hasn't Mr. Tieguy jumped in here to defend horse racing and the "sponsorship" of a horse by "our" company?

.....OOPS! he's probably still on millionaire row at the race track rubbing "shoulders" with the rich, influential, powerful and greedy.

stupid me.

tieguy

Banned

missed the horse bucking the jockey twice? Guess thats the teamsters bucking management.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Why hasn't Mr. Tieguy jumped in here to defend horse racing and the "sponsorship" of a horse by "our" company?

.....OOPS! he's probably still on millionaire row at the race track rubbing "shoulders" with the rich, influential, powerful and greedy.

stupid me.

See even when I try to ignore the A-hole he still begs me to beat him. :happy-very:

Whats to defend on the race. Its was a terrific race. I never thought big brown could pull it off coming from the 20 slot and having to fight 19 other horses to get there. The crowd alone could have screwed up the faster horse.

No debate on good and evil needed here.

Someone decided to name the best horse big brown in honor of UPS and UPS was actually smart enough to sponser the horse. It was a no brainer that our marketing group actually figured out without too much heartache....:)