BIG TROUBLE PLEASE HELP

Box Ox

I still don’t know why he is not in the union.
FAE39C68-2CC1-45C5-9BDD-8E5B9C547538.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I’ve told you multiple times . He’s started 14 threads on this topic but you’re not paying attention

Some people have trouble concentrating enough to know what's going on around them and demand that other people explain what's going on several times so they can still not understand what's happening. It's an early sign of dementia. I feel bad for those people.

Almost

Easy solution, Document everything!! It was suggested to take a photo of the time clock with your ID. easy enough to prove your on time. Easier if you are at least 15 minutes early every day. At that point take the documentation provided by UPS and sue.

Is that true? We have no choice but to join the Union in my local
My state is a right to work state so you can't actually be forced to join a union, they just tell us its required but can't do anything if we say no since that would be illegal here in Arizona. Still a useful tool and even if you don't pay dues they have to protect you.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
My state is a right to work state so you can't actually be forced to join a union, they just tell us its required but can't do anything if we say no since that would be illegal here in Arizona. Still a useful tool and even if you don't pay dues they have to protect you.
How well will they actually protect you if you don’t pay dues?

Legally they have to protect you but don't hold your breath on them fighting for you.

I wouldn't have a problem throwing you under the bus

It's weird, but that is how it is. I was told if you didn't join the Union in right to work state, they wouldn't fight for you as hard, but they still have to be there for write ups and any grievances. The people I know that didn't join...they just don't want to pay dues, and say "Why should I pay for it if I'm still getting represented." That really pisses me off at times, but try not to get in an uproar about it cuz it is a choice here in Arizona. I know I did the right thing by joining, that's all that really matters to me.
Ya I am in Arizona too, I usually tell people they should pay dues if they plan to be here a while but if they are just using this as a summer job don't worry about it. The union has to sustain itself based on our contributions according to Arizona law but for those in the short term it doesn't make sense for them to pay dues. Its more so about protecting your protection for those of us sticking for a while. I have no intention to stay here for past my education but I still feel ethically obligated to make sure that we can remain protected as a long time worker.

How many lawyers will take on an unemployed client?
Here in Arizona we have a lawyer provided to us by the union for any situations regarding UPS. Otherwise there are many pro-bono lawyers out there for contract and workers rights law. Depending on where you live, in Arizona not hard to find, we get a lot of lawyer traffic here. I would imagine the midwest would have a tougher time.

How well will they actually protect you if you don’t pay dues?
Oh they still protect us just the same, I have seen it personally. They say they won't protect you as hard but lets be honest here most of our stewards are too either ethically inclined to really do that or lazy regardless. Apologies but one is now kinda infamous for his laziness. At least amongst us unloaders.

Legally they have to protect you but don't hold your breath on them fighting for you.

I wouldn't have a problem throwing you under the bus
I respect that, after all the union is obligated to have your back but if you don't have the unions back why do you deserve 100%? Its a valid argument and one you can hardly be faulted for.

I respect that, after all the union is obligated to have your back but if you don't have the unions back why do you deserve 100%? Its a valid argument and one you can hardly be faulted for.
I know the part-time wages suck and hopefully they'll be addressed next year.
But you name me one of the part-time job that has free healthcare and a pension plan for part-timers.

Trust me if he wasn't for the Union those options will not be available.

I really do understand that this tastes for the union because they do not reach out to the younger members.
But please don't be a scab because the union or the company doesn't respects that

I would like to state though this guy's behavior on this forum is unacceptable. 14 threads and the way he responds. I get you need help but please calm down, remain respectful, and acknowledge you are far from the only one seeking help on here. I doubt you will get buried and spamming threads and half-baked replies won't garner sympathy nor help. If you really want help, you need to push hard for union help and more than likely pay union dues which is not a bad thing at all. Seriously to prevent stuff like this in states that don't allow for strong workers laws is why unions exist to begin with. Now not all unions are necessarily positive or helpful, but I have seen the UPS unions do good work and become a positive influence in the overall culture. So please just join the union, seek appropriate help, and work to resolve something that is obviously extreme.

But you name me one of the part-time job that has free healthcare and a pension plan for part-timers.

I really do understand that this tastes for the union because they do not reach out to the younger members.
But please don't be a scab because the union or the company respects that
Oh no I completely agree with you, I just admit I see both sides. I believe that those who plan on being here over 9 months should pay union dues. (9 months is when you get all the benefits excluding sick/vacation/personal/etc days.) Heck when I joined I was told I couldn't join the union until the 6 month mark, turned out it was 90 days I believe. (I tend to forget numbers at times so correct me if 90 days is wrong.) In general though the union's lifeblood derives from those who pay dues, so I cannot fault them for not wanting to put 100% effort for those that don't pat the dues. I mean in most states the company funds the union, but Arizona being a right to work state has a more anti-union stance without directly stating it.

But please don't be a scab because the union or the company doesn't respects that
Btw I love the gumby picture, really classy. I still own the gameboy game XD

clean hairy

A perosn accused of a crime can have a Public Defender for no cost, or hire their own Attorney.
Which one most likely will represent the interest of the accused best?
Who will the Union spend more time and resources defending? A dues paying member or a person who pays no dues?