Biggest overweight fine yet!!!

raceanoncr

I can't believe that some of these fat feeder drivers haven't broken more scales.

They don't call it "the feeder 50" for nothing.

Yea cause those boys sure can get fat.

Lately I have seen a lot more fat pkg. car drivers than feeder. At least most feeder guys are 40+ years old. But it is a personal choice. I choose not to be a fat feeder driver so I'm not.

My car was in the shop, so my father was dropping me off at the hub one day. Couple of drivers were walking out. My father had this shocked look on his face. "How do those guys deliver packages all day!?" "Those are feeder drivers" was my reply.

Uh, just an FYI.

After retiring after 30 yrs in feeders, 3 in package, I went out at 195.

Ate then what I eat now, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING HORRIBLE!!!!!! Donuts, pizza, tacos, enchiladas, ice cream.

Drink then what I drink now, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING HORRIBLE!!!! Vodka, Bourbon, Gin...

I know, lecture me.

over9five

Staff member
So, is all that time PAID?

If we're arrested for overweight trailers (that our company loads and does not allow to be weighed), do we get paid for all time in the slammer?
Did the guy who had to jump thru all those hoops to renew his license get paid to do all that?

It's completely the company's fault, I imagine all that time was paid at the overtime rate.

raceanoncr

We did have a guy in our district that spent a w/e in. Yes, he got paid entirely whilst sitting there. He was not happy, tho, to say the least. Don't know the outcome of that. Like, if company was asleep on w/e or if he sued em or what.

The UPSF guy that had to jump, no, it was all on his dime. It was his license so he had to deal with it. Woulda been nice to have Co step in and pay but that would have been an uphill climb, to say the least.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Here we go by axle weight, not total. the magic number is 17k. I was stopped once at a scale- after careful weighing, the scale man told me that my rear most axle of my set of doubles was heavy by 250 lbs. I was prepared to pull over, but the scale man waved me on, saying that he knew I didn't run over any scale to check. I guess it just wasn't worth his time to write the ticket. I didn't argue.

raceanoncr

We have a state we go into that has a LAW the heaviest one cannot be on back, no matter what the gross or drive or any other axle is.

If it's 3,000 or over total on the back, big fine plus switch around.

Course, the company's got THIS one honed to a razor sharp edge! HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a state we go into that has a LAW the heaviest one cannot be on back, no matter what the gross or drive or any other axle is.

If it's 3,000 or over total on the back, big fine plus switch around.

Course, the company's got THIS one honed to a razor sharp edge! HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

I'm not a feeder driver but I can see where this law would make a lot of sense.

jackpotdriver

I was 900# over and got a ticket for $560. Feeders paid it but under the new CSA compliance this puts points on my CSA score. When I asked management what "we" were going to do to prevent this in the future the said "We will pay all overweight fines". He also showed me a fine for over $11,000 that one of our drivers got hauling a shipment of books for one of our customers. I was also told "We are NOT going to take loads to the scales to weigh them, even if we suspect they are overweight." Their game, their rules.