Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Faceplanted

I am being offered staking rewards to convert my Ethereum into Ethereum 2. I would earn up to 6% interest and Eth2 will be ready by 2022-24. I have no plans to sell any of it soon, what are the pros and cons of doing this?
You can get 4-6% apr on most tokens via defi platforms.

If your gonna hold I don’t see an issue.

I personally prefer to not have my money locked up.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Screenshot (66).png

This is insanely stupid.
You can argue about Ethereum 2, or any garbage you want.

If ANY respectable banking platform offered 15 dollars as the minimum fee to do ANYTHING with your money, they'd be out of business in a heartbeat.

And that's not even what Metamask wanted to move some stablecoins around...

EDIT:
Screenshot (67).png

That's how much to send my USDC around.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
View attachment 336840
This is insanely stupid.

If ANY respectable banking platform offered 15 dollars as the minimum fee to do ANYTHING with your money, they'd be out of business in a heartbeat.

EDIT:
View attachment 336841
Was gonna say I think it’s closer to $50.

Yeah man eth is broken and I think it’s at a fundamental level that will never be fixed. In 10-15 years I think we will laugh that people once thought eth was this awesome tech

Over70irregs

I am being offered staking rewards to convert my Ethereum into Ethereum 2. I would earn up to 6% interest and Eth2 will be ready by 2022-24. I have no plans to sell any of it soon, what are the pros and cons of doing this?

Faceplanted

View attachment 336840
This is insanely stupid.

EDIT:
View attachment 336841
You don’t get it, no disrespect

eth will be nothing more than a settlement layer. Arbitrum will handle offchain computations and “zip up” the vast sources of data while just writing a hash on etheriums blockchain.

OCR via chainlink has already lowered gas fees for DEFI price feeds 90%.

Basically all DEFI uses chainlink to secure 100 billion in decentralized funds. Anybody who thinks any other project has even close to the amount of actual use and value is deluded.

Arbitrum will exponentially drop the gas prices even lower while allowing complex computations for complicated smart contracts.

Matic has also drastically lowered cost. Eth is not about poor people moving 200 dollars to a DEX, eth is about 10 million dollar derivatives contracts settled instantly with 100% transparency.

ETH is not a currency. You can use nano or other currency tokens if you want to send money. If you want to interact with a smart contract, currently your gonna have to pay.

Currency crypto coins are a meme. Blockchain’s true use comes from automating industries while providing security and transparency.

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You don’t get it, no disrespect

eth will be nothing more than a settlement layer. Arbitrum will handle offchain computations and “zip up” the vast sources of data while just writing a hash on etheriums blockchain.

OCR via chainlink has already lowered gas fees for DEFI price feeds 90%.

Basically all DEFI uses chainlink to secure 100 billion in decentralized funds. Anybody who thinks any other project has even close to the amount of actual use and value is deluded.

Arbitrum will exponentially drop the gas prices even lower while allowing complex computations for complicated smart contracts.

Matic has also drastically lowered cost. Eth is not about poor people moving 200 dollars to a DEX, eth is about 10 million dollar derivatives contracts settled instantly with 100% transparency.

ETH is not a currency. You can use nano or other currency tokens if you want to send money. If you want to interact with a smart contract, currently your gonna have to pay.

Currency crypto coins are a meme. Blockchain’s true use comes from automating industries while providing security and transparency.
Lol.

I'm sure you feel like you are right. Carry on then.

Faceplanted

Lol.

I'm sure you feel like you are right. Carry on then.
No counter argument.

100 billion dollars and growing exponentially, all on blockchain, all transparent, all secured by chainlink oracles. Idk how one feels they are right by simple stating facts. Blockchain is not about sending 50 bucks to your buddy. If 15-20 dollar gas fee’s are an issue, your poor and should not be burning gas to send 100 bucks to pancake swap to buy the next rug pull.

J.P. Morgan has no issue paying 20 bucks for a smart contract interaction considering they can eliminate the majority of their law department, data entry personal and techs, and settle contracts immediately instead of having to wait weeks as current derivatives contracts take.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No counter argument.

100 billion dollars and growing exponentially, all on blockchain, all transparent, all secured by chainlink oracles. Idk how one feels they are right by simple stating facts. Blockchain is not about sending 50 bucks to your buddy. If 15-20 dollar gas fee’s are an issue, your poor and should not be burning gas to send 100 bucks to pancake swap to buy the next rug pull.

J.P. Morgan has no issue paying 20 bucks for a smart contract interaction considering they can eliminate the majority of their law department, data entry personal and techs, and settle contracts immediately instead of having to wait weeks as current derivatives contracts take.
But why spend $20 when they can do it for pennies.

Faceplanted

But why spend $20 when they can do it for pennies.
They can and will once arbitrum and optimism come out. The idea that blockchains need to scale is 2018. Layer 2 systems open the door to basically decentralized super computers, while still being 100% secure and automated.

banks current systems may be able to do it currently for fractions of a cent, than they have to pay for a legal team, people who program/upload data, and wait days/weeks to settle. Escrow, price feeds for stocks/commodities, data for insurance. It will all be automated saving companies a huge amount of money.

INDUSTRY STANDARD, has already been standardized.

garbage in garbage out is almost impossible, and ideas like super liniar staking will make it extremely secure... secure enough for J.P. Morgan, Citibank, Nasdaq PayPal/paxos ect to move and utilize blockchain.

proof of reserve snd price feeds are the building blocks of financial smart contracts.

Last edited:

ouanling

People talking about fees(that will eventually be fixed) while im farming 200$/day in profit with a small % of my stack because this amazing platform is enabling financial services to expand beyond the crappy CeFi world.

I'll gladly pay 30$ to move my profits every week if i can keep making crazy APY.

ManInBrown

Two cryptos that everyone should be stacking. XRP and Cardano. Been stacking XRP since it was $.33, when the SEC lawsuit is over which Ripple is going to win, the price will shoot up. Easy $10 by EOY.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes @rod the price went down. It's now up a little less than 400% this year.

Scam. Yes. We know.
(At least I'm assuming that's what the keyboard lean was supposed to be saying.)
Yes @rod the price went down. It's now up a little less than 400% this year.

Scam. Yes. We know.
(At least I'm assuming that's what the keyboard lean was supposed to be saying.)
Bernie Maydoff’s clients thought they were making big money also.