Blackmail

tieguy

Banned
Yes, it's very notable to never call out. However, there is a huge difference between people like you and people like me. I am a disgruntled employee. I do not have any pride in my job when I am worked like a farm animal and written up for airs that my drivers put in their own loads

My daddy always told me if you decide to take a job where you work you like a farm animal then be the best damn farm animal you can be. You sound like you cry and whine too much.

So when it comes down to it the decision for me to take the day off or not is how my supervisor treats me, and I won't be doing him any favors, I'll take any chance I can to screw with him as much as he screws with me.

Ah yes what we have here is conditional employment. If the sup kisses your ass properly then you will do him a favor and come to work everyday and if not then you will screw him over. Totally justified homicide your honor the deceased had it coming to him.

satellitedriver

Man it's easy for sat driver to say after all whats he making a year80,000 compared to the part time mc donald wages that part timers are making.If you are sick you should go home hell let the drivers come in and load thier own.After all if they bitch about the way you do it the driver bitchen should show you how he would like it loaded.As far as the sup I would give rite back to him tell him you're not doing me any favors im doing you a favor just showing up!
You think I started out at $80,000 and was it easy to get there? Man it was easy. Sorry that you will not be able to get there.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Why does everyone think they should start at the top and not have to prove their worth? If you cant show up for ten, in your first year chances are you wont show up regularly for 20 either. Did anyone ever hear of working their way to the top? Not to say a driver is the top, but you have to work your way up in any job, and you dont make it with that attitude, sorry.

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Why does everyone think they should start at the top and not have to prove their worth? If you cant show up for ten, in your first year chances are you wont show up regularly for 20 either. Did anyone ever hear of working their way to the top? Not to say a driver is the top, but you have to work your way up in any job, and you dont make it with that attitude, sorry.

I agree with you on working your way up, but try to keep in mind that most part-timers are 'working their way up' in two places. You deal with all the BS at one company only to call it day there and go to UPS and deal with the BS there. I'm not complaining but this guy will be lucky to clear $25000 this year, working 15 hours a day. Once in a while you need a day off and when you look at the bottom line, it hardly seems worth it. Life's a struggle! Your almost better off not looking at the big picture and becoming a mindless drone.

At least he stands up for himself to an extent. Alot of folks won't even take it that far.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I agree CTOTH, it isnt easy. I was lucky enough to have a job I could go to when I didnt work at ups, (which was rare) it was show up if you want to kind of job. And not great money but they also dealt with my hours at school. So in that respect I was lucky. But I worked crap jobs and I always went to work every day, regardless of if I was a little under the weather or not. Im just a sick person that way. Probaly the way I was raised. Im not saying Im any better for it. And I am a disgruntled employee at times too. Just knowing that UPS depends on me to show up, has always caused me grief if I wanted a day off, I always felt I had to go in,I dont feel that way anymore, I called in today to go Christmas shopping, but I asked for a day off because they need people to be off coz the lower guys are still laid off.
And one guy who went driving gets so much grief coz he owns his own business and has to plan to have someone there when he is not, and that isnt easy the way they keep screwing him around. One day they tell him he will be driving all week, the next hes back at his pt job. Hes having a real dilemna. Im not condeming anyone, or judging, but it is the one reason why I never recommend anyone for a job. Because reasons they call off I wouldnt. He has every right to stand up for himself and use his union benefits, at least he is learning it early. Better for that I would say, you have to stand up for yourself or you will get walked on.

cino321

Thanks guys I appreciate all the criticism... Center Manager heard about me leaving and laughed it off so that issue is done with the only thing I have to worry about is my supervisor having it out for me which my shop stewards helped me out with.

Bottom Line is you have to pick and choose your battles... not everyone is lucky enough to have union stewards that actually know how to handle these situations and work with you (especially at my age) to fix problems.

I personally will not give into UPS management or deal with being harassed because it's a part of growing up... I might be young but I'm not stupid... I refuse to get taken advantage of and get intimidated for being sick when I have sick hours to use, just isn't right.

over9five

Staff member
"I refuse to get taken advantage of and get intimidated for being sick when I have sick hours to use, just isn't right."

Damn right it isn't. Good for you.