Bluetooth headset

Indecisi0n

Are we allowed to have one? I know we arent suppose to talk and drive but sometimes when I sort I wear one. I been leaving it on all day and was wondering if just havin it on is a violation.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They are not allowed in our building because they create signal interference with the wireless data network. Fine by me, I personally cant stand having anything clipped to or in my ear.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They are not allowed in our building because they create signal interference with the wireless data network. Fine by me, I personally cant stand having anything clipped to or in my ear.

I should have added that they are not allowed in the building for the reasons Sober gave but they are OK on road.

Who do you guys talk to all day that you feel you have to have a bluetooth?

I should have added that they are not allowed in the building for the reasons Sober gave but they are OK on road.

Who do you guys talk to all day that you feel you have to have a bluetooth?
I wear one most of the day. I talk to my wife ( because communication is what makes a strong marriage ) my best bud who happens to be in my loop my other friends. Members who have issues love me because I'm always there for them. I also talk to family and every once in a while I talk to a certain very opinionated member of the brown cafe ( guess who he is my boy on here) community. I also listen to the Jim Rome show daily on my blue tooth headset us all my music podcasts and local sports radio. My manager and sups all know I do this and are fine ( they have to be because of a decision at panel) with it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have many a driver who wear them in our center. I would say your best bet then is to not answer the phone when management calls you since they say you are not allowed to wear the bluetooth device and answering the phone otherwise would be dangerous and unsafe.

This is actually incorrect as the bluetooth on the headset and the wireless and bluetooth in the building all work on different frequencies and classes. Bluetooth in your building should be on a Class 1 or 2 network while your headset should be on a Class 3 (short range). On top of that the bluetooth device can only really communicate with another device that it is paired with

nicky

Our contract says cell phone usage will be dictated by local laws. There is also a federal law stating that you can not be on your phone driving a commercial vehicle unless on a bluetooth that can be activated with one touch.

However our management team has decided to rewrite our contract and is threatening to fire anyone that is using a bluetooth.

bumped

Our contract says cell phone usage will be dictated by local laws. There is also a federal law stating that you can not be on your phone driving a commercial vehicle unless on a bluetooth that can be activated with one touch.

However our management team has decided to rewrite our contract and is threatening to fire anyone that is using a bluetooth.

The contract is pretty straight forward on cell phone use. Management knows I use one, and all the verbal warnings aren't going to make me change. They know I will grieve and file for back pay if they try and fire me for it.

I talk to a few friends that work in office setting that don't do anything most of the day. I deliver in the ghetto, and if they weren't on the phone with me they wouldn't believe half of the stories. I tell them I'd love to wear a "hat cam" or something so they could tune in. The hardest part is when they are commenting while I'm with a customer trying to make me laugh.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Doesn't affect the messages we get from the center thru the diad does it? Cause if it does hell I'll get one and clip it to the diad all day.

Butters243

As a feeder driver, I find a bluetooth absolutlely necessary. Mgt always says "No talking on the phone..." but they call drivers all the time. If I get a letter for it, my phone goes bye-bye. I pay that bill. A driver I work with doesn't own a phone and he was asked " Who do we call if there is an emergency" ? He answered 911! Hilarious. I recommend a plantronics earpiece. It's $100...but worth it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The contract is pretty straight forward on cell phone use. Management knows I use one, and all the verbal warnings aren't going to make me change. They know I will grieve and file for back pay if they try and fire me for it.

I talk to a few friends that work in office setting that don't do anything most of the day. I deliver in the ghetto, and if they weren't on the phone with me they wouldn't believe half of the stories. I tell them I'd love to wear a "hat cam" or something so they could tune in. The hardest part is when they are commenting while I'm with a customer trying to make me laugh.

You are on your bluetooth while making a delivery??

Cementups

Box Monkey
Doesn't affect the messages we get from the center thru the diad does it? Cause if it does hell I'll get one and clip it to the diad all day.

When they send you messages from the center it is relayed to you through a cellular network, not bluetooth. Last I knew we used AT&T, but this may have changed, and it gets billed to UPS in a similar fashion as a text message would.