Question on Senority

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Have you talked to a steward yet?

If bid sheets weren’t put up for the other promotions, then there’s a colossal problem.

Even if they got put up and just never announced.

Everyone should have had a chance to sign the sheets.

As to the transfer, I don’t know. @BigUnionGuy may be able to give more answers.
Aren’t you helpful if it was a dude you’d be like
IMG_7490.jpeg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Really, you think so? How do you think that will happen?
If that is the case, luckily the other center managers wants me on their team, and worse comes to worse I’ll always have a spot in preload. Hopefully not the case!

Am I hot? Well I’m not a feeder driver and I exercise constantly if that says anything! Just kidding feeders, I respect what you all do!
Even the new girls raggin on the fatass feeder drivers LMAO
IMG_7491.jpeg

Freddy the feeder driver on his day off

KatieH

Thanks for all your help gents! I’m going to visit hr and a steward tomorrow. I’m super bummed if we haven’t been promoted yet due to sign sheets we didn’t know about. I do wish the communication in UPS was better. That’s the biggest problem I’ve seen through the years here.

I’ll try to visit this later but seriously appreciate all the feedback! Have a great day all

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Really, you think so? How do you think that will happen?
If that is the case, luckily the other center managers wants me on their team, and worse comes to worse I’ll always have a spot in preload. Hopefully not the case!

Am I hot? Well I’m not a feeder driver and I exercise constantly if that says anything! Just kidding feeders, I respect what you all do!

Of course you just innocently asserted that every “feeder driver “ is a big, fat 🐖.

Not necessarily true…🤔

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Have you talked to a steward yet?

If bid sheets weren’t put up for the other promotions, then there’s a colossal problem.

Even if they got put up and just never announced.

Everyone should have had a chance to sign the sheets.

As to the transfer, I don’t know. @BigUnionGuy may be able to give more answers.
Look at you, Ese!

542thruNthru

Hi all!! Sorry got caught up. Yes I’m a she! In SoCal. And no there is no bidding sheet for drivers.
Yes there are no bid sheets in the West. We have Article 7 PT to FT list. You sign up once and thats it. It also doesnt go by building seniority. It goes off of company seniority in your whole local. So if someone from another building in your local wants that full time job and they have more seniority than you.... You're SOL.
I have seen bid sheets for preload when there is extra work for twilight. But never for drivers. However there’s a Saturday sign up sheet which I sign every week, and usually I can work a Saturday. Yes I am part time. When I was hired for driving, my Cover position was never temporary. It was always explained to me that I would get to the 22.4 position after covering (when those positions were available). I have seen the other covers get promoted to 22.4 through the years. And this is the first time in 4 years I’m back in preload, I have been driving consistently ever since I started.
You're a cover driver. You are not entitled to 8 hours unless scheduled to drive.
Of course, after the contract, all our 22.4s were promoted, and that position was eliminated. So it doesn’t help we have too many full time drivers now and so us covers got kicked back. i hope all answered all questions!
And thank you again.
To answer your questions, we have transfer language (article 6.6 WRSA) and if the company can hire FT drivers on a 6-1-1 basis. If they have hired 6 inside hires they now have to bring over one transfer. They can then hire a outside hire if they choose.

Just because you're a cover driver does not mean you just over everyone else who wants to drive who is not a cover driver.

Better get used to the insider work. With the layoffs SoCal is having, per our contract no cover driver can work in the locals jurisdiction if even 1 FT driver is laid off.

Good luck.

Brown Down

That explains the transfer and the bid sheets but not the newer part timer driving. I will admit it's been a long time since I've had to deal with these things.

Brownwind

Ask wifey
She checked out after my lunch break.

I used to have her ride along when I deliver beyond the gulch. This time of year is Blah and cold. I probably shouldn’t have a rider but hours in the middle of literally nowhere I’ll take my chances🤔. I bet you city folk can’t get away with this 😁😁😁

Brownwind

Yes there are no bid sheets in the West. We have Article 7 PT to FT list. You sign up once and thats it. It also doesnt go by building seniority. It goes off of company seniority in your whole local. So if someone from another building in your local wants that full time job and they have more seniority than you.... You're SOL.

You're a cover driver. You are not entitled to 8 hours unless scheduled to drive.

To answer your questions, we have transfer language (article 6.6 WRSA) and if the company can hire FT drivers on a 6-1-1 basis. If they have hired 6 inside hires they now have to bring over one transfer. They can then hire a outside hire if they choose.

Just because you're a cover driver does not mean you just over everyone else who wants to drive who is not a cover driver.

Better get used to the insider work. With the layoffs SoCal is having, per our contract no cover driver can work in the locals jurisdiction if even 1 FT driver is laid off.

Good luck.
Thank you. Excellent explanation 👍

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
She checked out after my lunch break.

I used to have her ride along when I deliver beyond the gulch. This time of year is Blah and cold. I probably shouldn’t have a rider but hours in the middle of literally nowhere I’ll take my chances🤔. I bet you city folk can’t get away with this 😁😁😁
Not worth losing the job over

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m good. I never worried about it for a second.
I literally deliver in the middle of nowhere. The only reason I have a p800 is because of the bulk from the homesteaders. I can’t even relate to how most of you are going through.
The last 15 years I worked my bid started 70 miles from the building it was 270-300 miles in a sprinter except for 4 or 5 days in the winter it was awesome I delivered many days in the summer in t-shirt and gym shorts. Boss had to call me and see where I was if he wanted to ride along

KatieH

Good luck.
Thank you SO MUCH for this detailed information. So it might be another 4 years until I’m full time. Then it is what it is! Oh well, I accept my fate. It’s rough going from rpcd pay with over time to only 21 an hour pt. Welp, looks like it’s time to get a second job!

Really appreciate you giving me the time and feedback. And all of you! Thanks again and good luck out there!