Bonus Centers

What'dyabringmetoday???

An employee filling a perma- nent new job or job vacancy shall gain seniority under the thirty (30) working days in ninety (90) calendar days seniority provision.

Article 1 central region
I have successfully used this provision in the central language to force the company to create new full-time job when air drivers covered a job 30 days in 90.
Our local lets UPS do as it pleases. And pretty much no one cares anymore. If the part-timers don't want to stand up for themselves that's their problem.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
An employee filling a perma- nent new job or job vacancy shall gain seniority under the thirty (30) working days in ninety (90) calendar days seniority provision.

Article 1 central region
I have successfully used this provision in the central language to force the company to create new full-time job when air drivers covered a job 30 days in 90.
Guys like @PT Car Washer and @Commercial Inside Release don't want to hear this, because they relish their perch on the fence and refuse to follow the prescribed contractual path.

@PT Car Washer claims to be 60+years old and a 30+ year part-time employee, while fussing about progressions and his perception of a multi-tiered pay scale.

Reality is that he could have went full-time long ago and when the progression was at the most half of what it is now and decades before 22.4's were conceived.

They only continue to make this noise in hopes that their coworkers don't get wise and put an end to their extra contractual arrangements.

There is nothing they can say to validate delivering, picking up or shuttling ground packages.

PT Car Washer

Guys like @PT Car Washer and @Commercial Inside Release don't want to hear this, because they relish their perch on the fence and refuse to follow the prescribed contractual path.

@PT Car Washer claims to be 60+years old and a 30+ year part-time employee, while fussing about progressions and his perception of a multi-tiered pay scale.

Reality is that he could have went full-time long ago and when the progression was at the most half of what it is now and decades before 22.4's were conceived.

They only continue to make this noise in hopes that their coworkers don't get wise and put an end to their extra contractual arrangements.

There is nothing they can say to validate delivering, picking up or shuttling ground packages.
44 PT years seniority and I could have gone FT when there was a 90 day progression to top rate. We all have our own reasons for our paths in life. I only work as directed and seniority rules.

Thebrownblob

Just working as directed. I suppose you would give the money back. You sound kind of crazy... Like Don Quixote.
44 PT years seniority and I could have gone FT when there was a 90 day progression to top rate. We all have our own reasons for our paths in life. I only work as directed and seniority rules.
I would have no problem with you working as directed. I tell everyone to do that. But as soon as the company directs them to violate the 30 in 90 they have shown they have work for a full time position. A grievance will be filed and we will be discussing a new full-time employee.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just working as directed. I suppose you would give the money back. You sound kind of crazy... Like Don Quixote.
....and again I have never told a single air driver to refuse the work if directed or suggested they "give the money back" to satisfy a grievance for forwarding ground packages.

My issue is with the continued efforts to justify it and am especially agitated when accused of somehow persecuting part timers when grievances are filed as a result these obvious violations.

In the end when we file these grievances, they aren't being filed on you, they are being filed on the Company.

So soak it up when offered, but stop trying to play the victim when the practice is called on the carpet, and for God's sakes realize that you are not martyrs.