Bonus Centers

Thebrownblob

It's sad we have a 4 year progression, a two tier delivery driver wage, and minimum wage for starting PT. While the Union members say "I got mine" or the new concessions "don't effect me".
Most union jobs have some form of progression or apprentice program. 22.4 is a very poorly written article that needs to go in my opinion, but it’s nowhere near a two tier wage system, A true two tier wage system would mean you could never make the top rate. We haven’t had one 22.4 at my building go much more than a year before becoming 0300. I believe that’s like a $.50 an hour pay difference for the year. And the only one we’re talking about who puts their hand up and say I got mine is you. You’re the type that walks around the building tattling on people and gossiping to management creating division between work groups. You’ve never been one to solve the problem because you are the problem.

PT Car Washer

Most union jobs have some form of progression or apprentice program. 22.4 is a very poorly written article that needs to go in my opinion, but it’s nowhere near a two tier wage system, A true two tier wage system would mean you could never make the top rate. We haven’t had one 22.4 at my building go much more than a year before becoming 0300. I believe that’s like a $.50 an hour pay difference for the year. And the only one we’re talking about who puts their hand up and say I got mine is you. You’re the type that walks around the building tattling on people and gossiping to management creating division between work groups. You’ve never been one to solve the problem because you are the problem.
Every problem in the world is my fault? I can't remember a contract I voted yes on.

Thebrownblob

So who do you blame for the 4 year progression and the two tier delivery driver wage?
Pay attention and learn something, we don’t have a two tier wage system. 22.4 has a path to make top rate. Two-tier wage system means you have no path. We have different classifications which is a problem of it’s own.

progression was Negotiated the members voted, or they did not you pick.

Not a huge fan of 4 year progression but almost every union job has some sort of apprenticeship or progression, drivers now are going driving with a year of seniority, contrast this with myself I was part time for almost 7 years went to school and decided to stay at UPS. Then I had a two-year progression. So that was close to nine years before I made top scale. No complaints for me just is what it is. No current driver 22.4 or otherwise will go that long to make a top scale.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Every problem in the world is my fault? I can't remember a contract I voted yes on.
Don’t give yourself that much credit. You’re just a guy that stands around the building listening to what other people say creating division and kissing management ass so you can keep your sweet gig, while pretending you have some virtue. We see you we know you.

PT Car Washer

Don’t give yourself that much credit. You’re just a guy that stands around the building listening to what other people say creating division and kissing management ass so you can keep your sweet gig, while pretending you have some virtue. We see you we know you.
I guess you should just fire me and then all will be right with the world. LOL

reginald95

People that count other people's money are the worst. If you like to milk 8 hour days to 10-12 hours or get paid for 8 and finish in 7 more power to you. Mind your own business. Runner gunners, lazy drivers that always get help by more than 1 driver every day, whatever. At some point you'll have your own route and be your own boss and get to go home early or get the overtime you want.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I would rather have it 75 to 80 degrees and sunshine instead of 14 inches of snow we got last night.
If delivery drivers would come to work when scheduled, there would be no extra work for me.
It's sad we have a 4 year progression, a two tier delivery driver wage, and minimum wage for starting PT. While the Union members say "I got mine" or the new concessions "don't effect me".
My man,....wouldn't it be so much easier (and believable) and the truth to just admit that your career path was radically different than most everybody else and not contractually sound, rather than continue to justify your path?

It was the Company's fault, coupled with your coworkers allowing it.

....but make no mistake, it never was and never will be OK.

Unburden yourself and stop pretending.

PT Car Washer

My man,....wouldn't it be so much easier (and believable) and the truth to just admit that your career path was radically different than most everybody else and not contractually sound, rather than continue to justify your path?

It was the Company's fault, coupled with your coworkers allowing it.

....but make no mistake, it never was and never will be OK.

Unburden yourself and stop pretending.
Wow! Lets unload on the PT guy today. How about you be you, and I'll be me? I'll be the first to admit I have made many mistakes in my life. But right now I am happier then at any other time. Go ahead and take your shots. I have battled bullies most of my life.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Pay attention and learn something, we don’t have a two tier wage system. 22.4 has a path to make top rate. Two-tier wage system means you have no path. We have different classifications which is a problem of it’s own.

progression was Negotiated the members voted, or they did not you pick.

Not a huge fan of 4 year progression but almost every union job has some sort of apprenticeship or progression, drivers now are going driving with a year of seniority, contrast this with myself I was part time for almost 7 years went to school and decided to stay at UPS. Then I had a two-year progression. So that was close to nine years before I made top scale. No complaints for me just is what it is. No current driver 22.4 or otherwise will go that long to make a top scale.
We most certainly have two-tier- actually three. Thank goodness for being at the top tier. Lol.

Thebrownblob

We most certainly have two-tier- actually three. Thank goodness for being at the top tier. Lol.
Well I understand the confusion but a two-tiered Wage system Would mean new employees had no path to make top rate, they do have a path now, and most are going in a year or less to the RPCD side. We have a classification problem sure, we also have a problem with the 22.4 being used improperly because the language is so horrible they were supposed to originally drive part of the time and work in the building part of the time. Because the language was written so vague or not at all, naturally the company uses them as regular drivers 22.4s say we’re doing the same work and getting less pay, shame on the negotiators for not writing better language. A 23-year-old driver who starts as a 22.4 maybe works 18 months as a 22.4 and then becomes an RPCD and makes top rate after four years is four years ahead of where I started I was part time seven years then went driving and waited two years to go to top rate So almost 9 years to top rate for me. Actually if there was ever two tiers at UPS, it was probably the 1983 contract I believe, I worked alongside people who are called red circle who made just a little bit less than regular drivers as part-timers, while I never would’ve had an opportunity to make that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Well I understand the confusion but a two-tiered Wage system Would mean new employees had no path to make top rate, they do have a path now, and most are going in a year or less to the RPCD side. We have a classification problem sure, we also have a problem with the 22.4 being used improperly because the language is so horrible they were supposed to originally drive part of the time and work in the building part of the time. Because the language was written so vague or not at all, naturally the company uses them as regular drivers 22.4s say we’re doing the same work and getting less pay, shame on the negotiators for not writing better language. A 23-year-old driver who starts as a 22.4 maybe works 18 months as a 22.4 and then becomes an RPCD and makes top rate after four years is four years ahead of where I started I was part time seven years then went driving and waited two years to go to top rate So almost 9 years to top rate for me. Actually if there was ever two tiers at UPS, it was probably the 1983 contract I believe, I worked alongside people who are called red circle who made just a little bit less than regular drivers as part-timers, while I never would’ve had an opportunity to make that.
Well in our local, part-timers are on the road everyday and don't get full-time positions. They work full-time but get paid part-time. Definitely two-tier but I also understand your opinion on the matter. Glad I'm at the top of the scale. Lol.

Thebrownblob

Well in our local, part-timers are on the road everyday and don't get full-time positions. They work full-time but get paid part-time. Definitely two-tier but I also understand your opinion on the matter. Glad I'm at the top of the scale. Lol.
An employee filling a perma- nent new job or job vacancy shall gain seniority under the thirty (30) working days in ninety (90) calendar days seniority provision.

Article 1 central region
I have successfully used this provision in the central language to force the company to create new full-time job when air drivers covered a job 30 days in 90.