Boots

moreluck

golden ticket member
Someone should really run with this one. Write, e-mail or call different boot/shoe companies and issue them a challenge that nothing they manufacture can stand up to the job at UPS. Challenge them to design a shoe/boot that will stand up.

Who knows, maybe somebody will bite and you'll end up in a commercial or maybe with a free supply of shoes. Just Do It !!

aspenleaf

I like the Caterpillar Charlie boots for women. They are comfortable and very sturdy. Some of the guys I work with wear black tennis shoes and some of the sups do the same. For a while one guy had duct tape around one of his shoes to keep the sole on. The gals on my line all have boots of some type and we (the gals) have not gone out on an injury while the guys have. (Not all the injuries were shoe related.)

hoser

Industrial Slob
I stopped buying top quality boots. I have yet to find a boot that can stand up to this job.
i've found two that have lasted. are you wearing the right socks and did you change the insoles?

say, speaking of this, has ups paid out shoe allowances to non-mechanics? they're so obsessed with safety yet i've never seen a requirement for steel toe boots.

...yet fedex express, with their envelopes and surcharges on all packages over 70 paid for my work boots (that i now wear to ups)