Brand new Fortron EP 650VA constantly in bypass mode

funiculaire

Hello there,

I'm pretty new to the whole UPS thing so please fellas don't be harsh on me.
I recently bought a Fortron UPS EP650VA so as to ensure that my pc gets sufficient backup power in case of power drops.

I installed the corresponding software as suggested (viewpower V2.07 sp1) and plugged in my pc tower.

Problem is that in the status diagram the UPS is shown to be running only in bypass mode, thus rendering the battery utterly useless.

I checked the whole software options, settings and parameters and still can't figure out how to get it off bypass mode.

I also double-triple uninstalled the software with no luck. I also used the circuit breaker button to crosscheck that the battery is not operating and, yep you figured it out, everything went off, no backup time, no battery mode whatsoever.

Nevertheless, in the status screen the battery shows up, giving also additional info on its status like voltage (13.6V) and capacity (100%) but the flow path from the battery to the UPS outlet shows inactive.

Here is a picture of the situation:
bgvh9k.jpg

Do you guys think that there is a way to make it work or is this just a plain faulty unit?
Thanks in advance.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I had the same problem.
Soak it overnight in a tub of luke warm water with a small amount of seasalt and lemon juice.
Plug it back up in the morning and and retry.
This should change everything.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
well,, i know exactly what the problem is,, but since your to dumb to differentiate between a ups site a and a power backup site who cares

Re-Raise

Looks like someone went too fast through their training in the DIAD board or he would already know how to fix this.

DS

Fenderbender
APC Symmetra 16KVA 11200 Watt Power Array 208V UPS Refurbished (SY16K, SYMSTRF16K)
Our Price: $3,995.00
Quantity: 1