Break Time Preload

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey just wanted to get an opinion on this. In my area we have two girls who always take a 15-17 min break and the entire workgroup were just sick of it. We’ve complained and the full time supes don’t do anything about it bc they’re girls. Our part time is sick of it but says full time won’t issue discipline.

My thought would be to just start taking 15 min breaks myself. And when they tell me I have to come back to work I bring up so and so still on break. And then I say you’re creating a hostile work environment and I’m gonna file a harassment grievance. I’m central region by the way.

Wouldn’t this solve the problem. It would bring to light that this is going on in front of labor manager or building manager. I think the only way it would backfire if they spin the table and say I’m harassing these girls by doing this. What do you think best course is?

0DC3F49E-F820-4BF4-8075-F680C123CE35.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nope not gay. Just trying to make it fair for all the people in our area\building.

In all jokingness aside this thread has created, a few other guys have tried to say I want a longer break too and they were shut down yesterday. All the while they came back 5 mins later then everyone. For people to say mind own business. I just don’t understand they are continually getting an extra break everyday but when we try to do it we get told to come back. How is that not a situation where we should be minding our own business?

How does this effect you?

Ptrunner

How does this effect you?

Supervisors direct me to leave my area to cover their area. The area I’m responsible falls behind and I’m playing catch up until the end. I take care of my drivers. What happens then is I go back to my area and then they get help anyways. They will send extra people over to help them astonishingly not supervisors pulling for them but actual hourlies. Someone will pull for me while I’m i their area and sometimes the person just does a horrible job pulling. And it’s just not me but this goes all the way up the belt. Just to cater to these two girls to give them extra break. This is how crazy it is. It’s just gotten worse and worst. I think we’re at the boiling point where somethings gotta give.

If they’re handing a regular 15 min break, then we all should get one.

To drivers getting help it’s a bit different. Yeah production is production. These girls get help too just like a driver gets help. I would equate it to drivers getting a 20 min paid break but then these girl drivers are getting a 30 min paid break.

PT Car Washer

Supervisors direct me to leave my area to cover their area. The area I’m responsible falls behind and I’m playing catch up until the end. I take care of my drivers. What happens then is I go back to my area and then they get help anyways. They will send extra people over to help them astonishingly not supervisors pulling for them but actual hourlies. Someone will pull for me while I’m i their area and sometimes the person just does a horrible job pulling. And it’s just not me but this goes all the way up the belt. Just to cater to these two girls to give them extra break. This is how crazy it is. It’s just gotten worse and worst. I think we’re at the boiling point where somethings gotta give.

To drivers getting help it’s a bit different. Yeah production is production. These girls get help too just like a driver gets help. I would equate it to drivers getting a 20 min paid break but then these girl drivers are getting a 30 min paid break.
You may want to be careful here.Those two girls could make up some sexual harassment story about you, take it to HR and you would be the one looking for a new job.

Days

Pretty much what everyone else has said to just mind your own business, and yes, girls that are cute get special privileges that you probably would never get away with

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How about a TLDR version

22.34life

I get paid by ups to do a job,I get a one hour lunch,I am supposed to punch in on time and come back from lunch on time.i worry about me and my job no one else.if it makes u feel better everybody at ups gets away with something including u I'm sure.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
OP, you want to worry about how much time everyone takes on break, you might want to consider going part time supervisor.

Life isn't fair, and that isn't going to change.

But it doesn't seem to me that the Teamster brotherly thing to do here is to try to get your fellow hourlies in trouble.

There's enough garbage that goes on without infighting and backstabbing. Do your work, and stop comparing the work you do to what others do.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

Wait until she spits out a bastard and your taxes go to it, and she needs to leave early to "take care of it" (not really) and takes longer "due to stress". Life's a beech and your only hope is her mongrel appears one day on a cop bodycam on YouTube.

Boston25

Hey just wanted to get an opinion on this. In my area we have two girls who always take a 15-17 min break and the entire workgroup were just sick of it. We’ve complained and the full time supes don’t do anything about it bc they’re girls. Our part time is sick of it but says full time won’t issue discipline.

My thought would be to just start taking 15 min breaks myself. And when they tell me I have to come back to work I bring up so and so still on break. And then I say you’re creating a hostile work environment and I’m gonna file a harassment grievance. I’m central region by the way.

Wouldn’t this solve the problem. It would bring to light that this is going on in front of labor manager or building manager. I think the only way it would backfire if they spin the table and say I’m harassing these girls by doing this. What do you think best course is?

If you are a steward then I wouldn’t say a word to management. I would go to fellow employees taking a longer break and advise them to cut the :censored2:. You will most likely have to represent them down the road. Don’t be ratting out your members.