Breathing in a lot of debris/dust at work

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
hold your breath?
a4002d7ce614323fe6e1c2220b2e7610.jpg

Shep92

Did you ever stop to wonder if oxygen is actually a carcinogen and it just kills us all very slowly over a long period of time?

MendozaJ

Did you ever stop to wonder if oxygen is actually a carcinogen and it just kills us all very slowly over a long period of time?

Another word for corrosion is oxidation, where the O2 acts as an agent. It's the bonds that kill, and O2 bonds with many elements. But then again, you'd be dead without it.

ChrisTheBrown

For the first time today, in almost 2 years of working preload/ unloading, I was in an extremely dusty trailer. Made me think of this thread. I've never really dealt with this issue before..Definitely not that enjoyable, just have to try to avoid breathing it in, anyway you can.

fres431

I'm not sure if it's my supplemental or in national but the last contract book I had it states that the company will provide dusk mask. In 11yrs I haven't seen one issued tho

SCV good to go sir.

When you get home, wash your hands really well and make sure you rinse them really well. Cup your hands together, fill them with water, slowly snort water up your nose, then shoot the water out fast as you can. Enjoy the view. =D

Ultimately, if you feel your health is jeopardized by all the debris, you might want to consider another job (or suck it up until you finish school if applicable). Fact of the matter is that this is a dirty job and there really is no getting around it.

llamainmypocket

It's either the black lung or a stroke.

Probably a stroke.

Dust is actually pretty bad to breath in. It may be smart to wear a mask even if you don't feel it's effecting you. Wearing one to prevent coughing fits seems like a no brainer. Scared to look like a dork?