Brokerage Position Hiring Question

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
That's my attitude towards you, not this situation. You've kind of been passive aggressive/snarky the entire time you've been posting on my thread, lol.
nGykjD8.jpg

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hi everyone. New here. I have a question that I think I posted in the wrong spot but can't figure out how to delete.

I have an interview next week for a brokerage position that I was referred to. My only issue is, I have a small misdemeanor for theft ($60 of merchandise from Walmart with an acquaintance) on my record from almost two years ago. No arrest, no jail time, just 20 hours of community service and a small fine. I need to have it expunged but haven't had the money to yet. Do I still have a chance at being offered this position if the interview goes well or should I just give up all hope? I really need this job, it would be such a good opportunity for me to get out of the industry I am currently in! Thanks in advance.

Misdemeanor shoplifting is not that big of a deal...(well it is, but not life ending) Do you realize just how many people have done something stupid once in their lives and been arrested for far worse and hold much higher positions than a brokerage agent. Here's your pep talk...

I was arrested for a $15 gas drive off when I was 20. Got hired as a cop a few years after that arrest and had a very long career in law enforcement. Sure it looks bad but most employers understand that youthful indiscretions happen. Take the interview and be honest about it (IF ASKED) otherwise don't even worry about it.