Brokerage Position Hiring Question

leah

Hi everyone. New here. I have a question that I think I posted in the wrong spot but can't figure out how to delete.

I have an interview next week for a brokerage position that I was referred to. My only issue is, I have a small misdemeanor for theft ($60 of merchandise from Walmart with an acquaintance) on my record from almost two years ago. No arrest, no jail time, just 20 hours of community service and a small fine. I need to have it expunged but haven't had the money to yet. Do I still have a chance at being offered this position if the interview goes well or should I just give up all hope? I really need this job, it would be such a good opportunity for me to get out of the industry I am currently in! Thanks in advance.

leah

Yeah, I figured. I kind of feel like this interview will be a waste of time. I want this job terribly though, I guess it never hurts to try. I just didn't know how badly it would affect me as I won't be dealing so much with items in this position, but more so computer work.

bumped

If you get the job then come back and explain how certain packages are brokerage fees and other are not. I have customers that get the same items every month and a couple times a year it comes with a brokerage fee.

leah

Good luck sticky fingers.

Haha, I wasn't actually the one who was stealing. It was the guy I was with and I was charged as well because I was "guilty by association". He had to pay a huge fine and did forty hours of community service.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you get the job then come back and explain how certain packages are brokerage fees and other are not. I have customers that get the same items every month and a couple times a year it comes with a brokerage fee.
All based on value, less than $200 in value there is no charge

leah

He had been putting stuff in his hoodie pockets without me knowing. Then as we were leaving Walmart, the cops stopped us and pulled us into the office, accused us both though I told them I had nothing to do with it, and my "friend" said absolutely nothing in my defense. It didn't help that the cops were real jerks either.