Brooklyn Drivers

HazMatMan

Was told last week that the new building will be in Laurelton but is years away from operating.They are making a new center though.I think ie will be mainly Queens areas like Howard Beach and the Rockaway's.
I dated a girl from Howard Beach back in 1987. I think her father was connected, no surprise there. Used to go to Rockaway Beach a lot as a kid, on the way home would stop into the Big Bowwow for a bite to eat and play video games in the back room. Wow, what memories.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I dated a girl from Howard Beach back in 1987. I think her father was connected, no surprise there. Used to go to Rockaway Beach a lot as a kid, on the way home would stop into the Big Bowwow for a bite to eat and play video games in the back room. Wow, what memories.
Thank God for the memories!!

1080Driver

Memories............taking the J train to East New York for the A train, then on to the CC to 116st Rockaway Beach, then years later started at UPS as a driver in Brooklyn.

local804

Was told last week that the new building will be in Laurelton but is years away from operating.They are making a new center though.I think ie will be mainly Queens areas like Howard Beach and the Rockaway's.

I think that is the building UPS used to run out of near Verizon. I heared its a little sooner that a few years away. I guess we will have to wait and see.

1080Driver

Riding the train was in the early 80s, starting in UPS was in 90 in Maspeth (Island City) then Foster opened & we were moved there.

1080Driver

In a nutshell, its the same BS, just on a much smaller scale, 2 centers come out of the building, there's about 65/70 loads everyday. I do have to say that the guys in Bkln knocked heads more with the manager & on-car supes than the guys I work with. What center are you in?

looper804

In a nutshell, its the same BS, just on a much smaller scale, 2 centers come out of the building, there's about 65/70 loads everyday. I do have to say that the guys in Bkln knocked heads more with the manager & on-car supes than the guys I work with. What center are you in?
Marine Park,back in the early 90's I think we were Brooklyn south,(how sad I can't remember - I know we were Brooklyn south in the 80's when we were in the Chase Ct building) I have been told we are now 1 of the largest centers in the country.Almost 130 drivers in the center.I think that is part of why they are making a new center in our facility.(it's good to be at the top when there are this many drivers LOL)

1080Driver

I started in 90 in Maspeth in the Central Brooklyn Center, then when we were moved to Foster, we "merged" with Metro Bkln, Bkln North if I remember right to become Times Plaza.

looper804

I started in 90 in Maspeth in the Central Brooklyn Center, then when we were moved to Foster, we "merged" with Metro Bkln, Bkln North if I remember right to become Times Plaza.
Yes,it's still Times Plaza.I remember a few guys that moved with the merge.

cino321

I heard that building is somewhere on Springfield Blvd, and apparently it is the old Verizon building, I dunno, I don't go past Linden Blvd. :)