Brown Cafe has changed...

over9five

Staff member
Is it just me, or has Brown Cafe changed?

Last night I saw a poster call another poster a "senile old woman" or some-such. This is an almost nightly occurence now where a year ago you'd never hear things like that.

We disagreed, of course, but there was always respect for each other.

Have we changed so much in the past year, or is there some new Bad Effect happening here? I'm not sure...

But I would like to invite anyone who may be a Bad Effect to www.teamsternet.com where you can create a log-on, just like here. Then go to the UPS Forum. The people there like to bash one another, and call each other names. You'd fit right in.

I'd be interested in others opinions.

Just don't want to see BrownCafe become Teamsternet II. I like it here. I always thought BrownCafe was where the more civilized people were.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The civilized ones are still here, and I have enjoyed brown cafe for quite some time, learned alot and made some friends. It hasnt been the same lately, I am hoping, this board..... like UPS issues..... is cyclicle. ( Did I spell that wrong????) I tend to stay away when people are being nasty as that is not why I come here. I can get that anywhere. I come here for thoughts, laughs, and info. Not slamming and bitching.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Here's our flame policy:

Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

If you see a post that you believe to be a personal attack use the report a post icon and let me know!

[/FONT]

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Chery, I didnt mean there was anything you should be correcting, exactly the point that we are adults here and shouldnt need to be reprimanded. Just some people who are really just trying to be annoying at times and we just ignore them. Or tell them what we think and eventually they go away. Not that this site needs to be policed, I dont think the other poster meant that either.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I agree, I have been reading Brown Cafe and Teamsternet for a while and didn't start posting on this board until last May. Teamsternet seemed to have a lot of immature postings on it and it got old fast. I enjoy this board better because of the posters who come from all phases of UPS and I do learn a lot from their statements. I do get tired of some of the name-calling and hope that it settles down soon.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Politics like religion bring out the worst and best in people. IF you will notice, that seems to be where the name calling begins.

Shame.

Tie and I have disagreed many times, and some times almost to the point where the discussion went a bit off, but I still respect him for his thoughts no matter how wrong I think he might be.;)

d

Last edited:

susiedriver

Danny, do you mean posts like this?

dannyboy said:
You dont think. Your a poor over the hill shriveled up bag that does not have a life. And as such, you hate. You hate everything that has to do with life.

Your posts actually make sense every once in a while, if they are not tainted with the hatred.

Come to think of it, you are the type of person that made us have to use locks on lockers, not be able to leave anything on the turn in counter. You lack manors and do not respect anything but your own sorry views. And unfortunately you bring out the worst in people you meet and have contact with.

So tell us, what was the real reason you got canned at UPS?

d

(Message edited by dannyboy on October 06, 2005)

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Ah baby, what can I say, you bring out the best in all of us!

As one of my teachers would say, Dont dish it out if you cant take it.

d

susiedriver

I don't have a problem, sweety, if you recall I never even responded to your slanderous post. Show me one time that I was the instigator in the name calling. Push me, I push back.

wkmac

It's cyclical Over9Five

I think what you are seeing is cyclical and it probably happens with nearly every type of forum out there. Besides, wait until contract time when one side claims the world is on the edge of bankruptcy because of collective bargaining and the other side will claim that business greed is the end all evil and the reason we have the poor, starving and homeless. LOL!

I'm sure Cheryl will remember ole' Ewave from the original Motley Fool UPS stock forum and boy could he bring out the worst in everyone no matter which side of the fence you were on. In due time his steam ran out and he's never been heard from since to my knowledge. I personally believe even though we all have a wide range of beliefs and opinions that the majority of the folks here are good hearted folks and mean no harm. Sure we get amped up from time to time but once the steam has blown off we're out to talk about anything from sports, to music, to our kids and grandkids, to UPS to whatever and in many respects we're likely to have lots more common ground than uncommon.

Hey tooner, I know what you meant but if it makes you feel better I had to look it up myself to make sure I had it right too! ;) Couple of weeks ago I went totally braindead trying to remember how to spell the word "that". At the time I could have easily spelled agranulocytosis to zinjanthropus but I couldn't remember the stupid little word "that"! I hate getting old and beginning to suffer from sometimers disease. LOL @ me!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I knew I didnt spell it right, and that is one thing I was famous for was spelling. This is the only place I write anymore, other than... who its to, who it is from, how much it is, and what time I will be back tomorrow, if ya know what I mean......It drives me batty.

U

Unregistered

I believe we have a handful of people here who hate UPS. They see nothing good in the company. It is "us against them". They think Eskew is an ogre out to destroy their livlihood, etc, etc.

After spewing their venom and trash for a while, they run out of things to attack so they attack other members of the board.

This board used to be about company news, new company offerings, personnel changes, the competition, stock performance, etc, etc. Other than the posts by EWave, most posts were constructive, polite and criticism was tempered with politeness and attempts to inject anger and outright insults were quickly dispelled by other members of the board.

I have been retired for 15 years now and I still visit the board regularly, each time hoping that the board will improve. I do not think it will happen. It seems to be going the way of the Yahoo boards where there are too many yahoos on the boards.

I sincerely hope that this nitpcking each other will cease and that everyone can agree to disagree and be civil to each other.

We will see.......

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ooooooo, I hope you took your blood pressure meds, wily. Daily confrontational head-butting seems to be someone's favorite hobby.

wkmac

Just a little something to ponder

I remember on the old Motley Fool UPS site when a former fired employee showed up to provoke and try to run havoc that when everyone just stopped responding to him no matter what he said or in replys even acknowledging in any way any response from him he soon just went away. He loved to argue just for the sake of it and no matter what you did or said he would do his best just to continue the arguement just for the sake of being disruptive. Some things he said were true and at times he could post some very good and true statements but his real agenda was nothing more than to belittle UPSers, especially management, and to thrive on turmoil that in many cases he created. I don't think this has any comparsion here to any situation but just thought I'd throw it out anyway as to show what has and can happen at any forum and what others have done about it since the subject was raised. I also think it would be good idea that we just drop this matter right here with nothing else needing to be said and move on to other subject matters. JMO.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

wily_old_vet

Susie-You come to things from the left mind set, I come from the right. For every link you post from a left perspective I can post a link from the right perspective. The two of us will never agree philosophically and that's just a fact of life. Don't expect that your "truth" will sway me as I don't expect my "truth" to sway you.

More-Blood pressure meds taken for the day.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dear unregistered

"I still visit the board regularly, each time hoping that the board will improve. I do not think it will happen"

It would improve, if what you post is true, when you take the time and the good manors to register. Even for her rough edges, Susie at least had the courtesy to register on the site.

So if you are lurking on site, take the time to register.

And if you want to make this a better posting place, you have the choice to sing out or shut up.

As for UPS bashing, if you will take the time to read the heated posts, they usually have nothing to do with UPS but rather political differences. I think you will find that on many other issues we would represent a united front with minimal disagreements.

So if you post, get the facts straight, Otherwise wear your fire proof pants. You will deserve what you get.

d