Browncafe Boxes (3DS MAX)

Floridacargocat

Several deficiencies regarding these 3 boxes:
1. Wet bottoms (indications of either leaking or being exposed to contact with liquids, leading to weakened performance of the box not in line with requirements.
2. HazMat labels are Class 9 Miscellaneous (that is everything not covered by Clas 1-8).
3. No marking of boxes that they have been certified to contain HazMat.
4. No marking re Proper Shipping Name and UN/ID Number
5. No indication about HazMat declaration attached

If they were real HazMat boxes (and not photo-shopped), why were they accepted by the UPS system?
If they did not contain HazMat, than the HazMat label Class 9 is misleading, which is also in non-compliance with 49CFR.
In both cases, both shipper and carrier are subject to fines as posted in 49 CFR 107 App.A. Theoretical amount of fines: Can I have this amount as part of my annual paycheck please?
Question: What was the decision of the managers in charge re allowing the continuation of transport of these boxes (if these boxes were real boxes in the UPS transportation system).
PS. None of the commenters above noticed these HazMat deficiencies. So, is it a hoax?

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
1. Wet bottoms (indications of either leaking or being exposed to contact with liquids, leading to weakened performance of the box not in line with requirements.
2. HazMat labels are Class 9 Miscellaneous (that is everything not covered by Clas 1-8).

If they were real HazMat boxes (and not photo-shopped), why were they accepted by the UPS system?
If they did not contain HazMat, than the HazMat label Class 9 is misleading, which is also in non-compliance with 49CFR.
In both cases, both shipper and carrier are subject to fines as posted in 49 CFR 107 App.A. Theoretical amount of fines: Can I have this amount as part of my annual paycheck please?
Question: What was the decision of the managers in charge re allowing the continuation of transport of these boxes (if these boxes were real boxes in the UPS transportation system).
PS. None of the commenters above noticed these HazMat deficiencies. So, is it a hoax?

Yep its a hoax....I'm going to take over the shipping industry with no standards!:wink2: "BREAKING THE LAW BREAKING THE LAW"

I can't believe you had to ask that.:rolleyes:

HazMatMan

Had a corrosive liquid package once with Fedex papers on it, how does that one get by?
Anyone can see those are fake.
P.S. They wouldn't ship dry ice in a box, it would be in a styrofoam cooler, ie... Frozen steaks, medical supplies.

HazMatMan

ha ha ya i love leakers...2 days ago we have a corrosive leaker in the aisle....the sup came over, and threw it to the floor and started the aisle back up....

Very sad how safety is second fiddle to production. What happened to safety first. This is an all too common practice in my building and people get away with doing it. I think the first time a sup gets seriously hurt they will get fired. (By seriously, I mean where it will HAVE to be documented)

UPS Lifer

Class 9, miscellaneous (did I spell that right) Only class 9 i've ever seen was dry ice, but i'm sure there are others..

Another big class 9 is seat belt tensioners or pre-tensioners and air bags.

Anything that does not fit into one of the other classes can be used as a class 9.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Well, just an update...Been fooling round and I decided to make a hand truck... Still have a bunch of tweaking to do (welds, nuts and bolts and texturing)..
mikeshandtruckxs5.jpg

rocket man

ONE DAY live crickets got loose inmy pkg car it made a pretty fun day watching them jump around. thhey didnt take up much room:surprised: