Budget Frozen?

FedExRookie

I wonder what OSHA would have to say about that?

There only has to be ONE that is stocked to OSHA requirements. If the workplace is hazardous, OSHA may require multiple first aid kits located throughout the place of employment. It was a big discussion in upper management, they did not want to violate osha requirements by removing 'extra' kits.

hypo hanna

There only has to be ONE that is stocked to OSHA requirements. If the workplace is hazardous, OSHA may require multiple first aid kits located throughout the place of employment. It was a big discussion in upper management, they did not want to violate osha requirements by removing 'extra' kits.
It doesn't have to be accessible? Like in an emergency?

FedExRookie

It doesn't have to be accessible? Like in an emergency?

29 CFR 1910.151(b) does not specifically address the placement of first aid kits and/or cabinets based on employee numbers, density, or geography. Therefore, it is the employer's responsibility to assess the particular needs of the workplace and tailor first aid kits and their placement to the specific needs of the workplace.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We have run AM and PM operations entirely on our own (CRRs) many times with no management in the bldg.
And I'll bet you get a lot more work done and faster without management there. At our station they just get in the way and are incredibly annoying.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Meh,
I'm at a very small sta. with a lot of gung-ho senior peeps.
We, even us lowly <20 yr. dudes do take some pride in doing our jobs and just know what has to happen.

Also, we like all of our mgrs. including the Sr. So, just "get 'er done!"

Pimpedoutatjgx

Still spending hand over fist... managers are forcing mandatory uniform orders for people who "appear" to have worn them out. New Soda fountain, new soft serve ice cream machine.. we must be doing something right..
Soda fountain? Soft serve machine? NEW?? What the..who the...what?!

dezguy

And I'll bet you get a lot more work done and faster without management there. At our station they just get in the way and are incredibly annoying.

Our managers stand around in a circle with a coffee in one hand, the other in their pocket next to the international cans. We usually only have one guy unloading international and if it's you, you pray there is nothing too heavy in the cans because expecting help from a manager getting out of the can is doubtful at best. But don't take too long having one of the other guys on the sort come help you because then you're harassed as to why you're holding up the sort.

hypo hanna

We have run AM and PM operations entirely on our own (CRRs) many times with no management in the bldg. This is the kind of service you get at Express, you'll never know.
Also common at my station. You could bleed to death before you found someone with the key.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm surprised we are even allowed to use the first aid boxes for anything short of a trauma event.

First aid boxes are part of the station auditing process. I think they had to replace our first aid box because it had scissors with the wrong handle color (blue instead of red or vice versa). It's a wonder management doesn't seal the boxes with an inspection date tag like they do the DG cabinets.

A few years ago we had a new policy where everything had to be labeled. So, a CSA was immediately tasked with labeling everything. The garbage cans were labeled, and so were all of the light switches, lockers etc.....ridiculous waste of time and an insult to everyone's basic intelligence. The best was that all of the computer terminals were labeled as "computer", "printer", and "keyboard". Amazing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A few years ago we had a new policy where everything had to be labeled. So, a CSA was immediately tasked with labeling everything. The garbage cans were labeled, and so were all of the light switches, lockers etc.....ridiculous waste of time and an insult to everyone's basic intelligence. The best was that all of the computer terminals were labeled as "computer", "printer", and "keyboard". Amazing.

I wonder what label they chose to define you.

CJinx

Haha. Not nearly as egregious as your examples; our label maker is labeled "Label Maker". Not sure who did that or why. :\

SmithBarney

Haha. Not nearly as egregious as your examples; our label maker is labeled "Label Maker". Not sure who did that or why. :\

I think that would just be someone making fun of how ridiculous it was to label stuff.

make a bunch that say CRR, and stick them to peoples foreheads, or just take a ROADS label and stick it on the corresponding CRR, so he/she knows what truck to get into... ;)