Bulk stop missing a package

Ilovetoast

I know this might be a basic question but today I had a bulk stop of 484 packages. After scanning and delivering all of them the Diad said I was missing 1.

I’m 100% I scanned them all, sent it in as not found.

If it’s a missed scan could I get in trouble?

Last edited by a moderator:

rod

Retired 22 years
I know this might be a basic question but today I had a bulk stop of 484 packages. After scanning and delivering all of them the Diad said I was missing 1.

I’m 100% I scanned them all, sent it in ass not found.

Damn-- the most packages I ever had for one stop in 30 years was like maybe 60. I remember because I had to flip the page and move the carbon paper.

Could be a missed scan or left in building or misloaded.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

No. With that many packages, there’s no way of knowing if it was a missed scan.

542thruNthru

Just send in a message about the missing package with the last 4 tracking #.

If you missed it don't worry about it. It happens a lot and the very worst that can happen is you get a warning letter.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
484 pcs to one stop and no O tag? It could be alot of things. No Scans are big to do now since the pricing model change. The cost is almost similar to being late with air pkgs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

You could be toast?

Ilovetoast

Just send in a message about the missing package with the last 4 tracking #.

If you missed it don't worry about it. It happens a lot and the very worst that can happen is you get a warning letter.
Oh man I’m just wondering if its a common mistake? I was in a rush to get the truck back so I might of missed one but I’m confident I scanned them all.

This job has a lot of pressure that people just don’t know about.

Siveriano

This is what you can do. you can track it on ups tracking website and go to details and if it says "loaded on delivery vehicle" then it was probably a missed scan. At our center our manager loves to scare rookies and runners by handing them warning letters for missing scans.

upload_2020-3-6_20-13-4.png

21Savage

Happens all the time for me. Post office I'm assuming?

When I get back to the building I have the office manager track them for me and if it shows post office received them, I scan them delivered.

Today I had 2 missing and had her track them when I got back and it showed that it still had destination scan at our building but not loaded onto my truck.

So i sheet them Not Found and write them in the book to cover my ass.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
How many times do I have to tell everybody that a preload scan does not mean something is loaded on the truck. It helps if you have some knowledge of discrete logic to prove that a "loaded on truck" scan for a not found piece, while far less common, is still related to a preloader failing to load a package after scanning it, at a equally uncommon rate.

Everyone in the union should treat this telematics "hack" as something to feed to the paper shredder.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
How many times do I have to tell everybody that a preload scan does not mean something is loaded on the truck. It helps if you have some knowledge of discrete logic to prove that a "loaded on truck" scan for a not found piece, while far less common, is still related to a preloader failing to load a package after scanning it, at a equally uncommon rate.

Everyone in the union should treat this telematics "hack" as something to feed to the paper shredder.
I see plenty of loaders scanning a pile of packages behind the truck because they got behind.

Poop Head

Judge me.

"It's all scanned." ,says the preloader as I walk up to the piles of pkgs behind my truck after pcm.
"That's all that matters.", I say, as I look at the disaster.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Tell them to prove it was on your truck. 484 pkgs, and only one missed? You deserve a trophy. When it happens to me, I'll have it tracked. Half the time it was damaged on preload.