Bumping inside for drivers?

Trying to get a definite answer on this! I am a lower seniority full time pkg driver under the central region agreement (if that helps no additional rider or agreements) I was laid off last winter no lower seniority employees driving and had bumped inside the building I had double shifted came in for preload and local sort as I couldn't get a consecutive 8hrs at our center but got my 8 between both shifts. My question is as a qualified seniority driver I thought I was entitled to my driving pay which was $18.75 an hr at that time when bumping inside during a layoff from driving. However I was only ever paid $15 an hr on my pay stub it even listed my pay rate as $18.75 an hr then below showed the rate I was paid at as the $15 an hr. I didn't use the computers to punch in either I had all my times entered on driver time card by a supervisor in there computer after noticing the discrepancies I had a driver supp file for a adjustment with payroll and they told him I couldn't get my driver pay inside this doesn't sound correct looking for some clarification thanks!

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
You are paid the hourly rate for the job performed. If you bumped inside the building you get that rate of pay. Where it helps you is this, because you are listed as a full time employee, you need full time hours to maintain your health insurance. That is the main reason why you double shift.

Delivery!!!

Not sure about pay rate, I got the full time inside wage listed in the contract the last time I bumped in, about 5 years ago. It was about 2 or 3 dollars less than what my driver pay was at the time. However in regards to benefits you only need punched in for one minute a week to keep your health benefits. I kept my benefits and did not double shift. Also central region.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Trying to get a definite answer on this! I am a lower seniority full time pkg driver under the central region agreement (if that helps no additional rider or agreements) I was laid off last winter no lower seniority employees driving and had bumped inside the building I had double shifted came in for preload and local sort as I couldn't get a consecutive 8hrs at our center but got my 8 between both shifts. My question is as a qualified seniority driver I thought I was entitled to my driving pay which was $18.75 an hr at that time when bumping inside during a layoff from driving. However I was only ever paid $15 an hr on my pay stub it even listed my pay rate as $18.75 an hr then below showed the rate I was paid at as the $15 an hr. I didn't use the computers to punch in either I had all my times entered on driver time card by a supervisor in there computer after noticing the discrepancies I had a driver supp file for a adjustment with payroll and they told him I couldn't get my driver pay inside this doesn't sound correct looking for some clarification thanks!

You are being paid correctly.

"The full-time employees shall be guaranteed a minimum of three and one-half (3 1/2) hours work if they work one part-time operation or eight (8) hours if they work two at the prevailing rate of pay for the classification of work he/she performs, or the rate of pay per Article 41, Section 3, which ever rate is higher, in addition to all fringe benefits."

Article 3 Section 6 of the Central Region Supplement.

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18centralregionsupp.pdf

-Bug-

Thanks guys!
Not sure about pay rate, I got the full time inside wage listed in the contract the last time I bumped in, about 5 years ago. It was about 2 or 3 dollars less than what my driver pay was at the time. However in regards to benefits you only need punched in for one minute a week to keep your health benefits. I kept my benefits and did not double shift. Also central region.
Were you at top pay when you bumped in? Ive heard some guys say you get it after your full scale but the guy who thought that was forced to work inside after he got in a wreck.

You are being paid correctly.

"The full-time employees shall be guaranteed a minimum of three and one-half (3 1/2) hours work if they work one part-time operation or eight (8) hours if they work two at the prevailing rate of pay for the classification of work he/she performs, or the rate of pay per Article 41, Section 3, which ever rate is higher, in addition to all fringe benefits."

Article 3 Section 6 of the Central Region Supplement.

-Bug-

Will this change for the Art 22.4 delivery drivers?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ive heard some guys say you get it after your full scale

If you exercise the option to bump inside on a layoff, the language is clear.

You get the inside rate. Doesn't matter if you are at full-rate or still in progression.

but the guy who thought that was forced to work inside after he got in a wreck.

Different article of the contract.... that's covered under the Master.

"Except for serious accidents, where the driver may be presumed to be at fault, a driver will not be removed from the payroll during an investigation of the accident."

"The driver will be entitled to non-driving work during this period at his/her normal rate of pay."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

-Bug-

Delivery!!!

Thanks guys!

Were you at top pay when you bumped in? Ive heard some guys say you get it after your full scale but the guy who thought that was forced to work inside after he got in a wreck.
I was not at top pay. I was in my first year of driver progression and my pay when bumping was whatever was in the contract for a first year full time inside worker.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Thanks guys!

The top scale for full time inside is currently 32 and change per Art. 41 NMA. But by the time you would progress to top scale, it would be pretty rare that you would have to bump into the building. I just take the lay off days when it happens to me.

I also have a question (central states as well). Yesterday I didn’t get a call to come in (I’m a utility driver still). However a less senior driver (also utility) was called in to run a route. Now he is on the bid coverage sheet and I am not. So does seniority no longer apply and they can work him before me due to him being on the bid coverage sheet?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Last winter? 2019?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I also have a question (central Region as well).

One of my pet peeves....

Yesterday I didn’t get a call to come in (I’m a utility driver still). However a less senior driver (also utility) was called in to run a route. Now he is on the bid coverage sheet and I am not. So does seniority no longer apply and they can work him before me due to him being on the bid coverage sheet?

You had the opportunity to sign the bid coverage list.... but chose not to ?

Article 3 Section 18.

-Bug-

The top scale for full time inside is currently 32 and change per Art. 41 NMA. But by the time you would progress to top scale, it would be pretty rare that you would have to bump into the building. I just take the lay off days when it happens to me.
Ill take the days off now but I was out from January to April last year.