But He’s Right Though....

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hey Fred, I hope you watched the video. Perfect example of “you get what you pay for.”

Or in this case, “You get what you DON’T pay for.”

Have Dano come on here and try to sugarcoat the situation.

bacha29

The focus of the gripe should have been why Wayfair wants to ship such items through X and why X peddles that freight on one man vehicles.
That's the entire point of the matter. The focus should not be the outburst but rather what he was confronted with. The reason Wayfair uses the way to ship their junk is because XG is OFFERING it to Wayfair.

bacha29

Hey Fred, I hope you watched the video. Perfect example of “you get what you pay for.”

Or in this case, “You get what you DON’T pay for.”

Have Dano come on here and try to sugarcoat the situation.
Exactly.
The right truck. The right manpower deployment. The right material handing equipment = One trip. One offload ......Over and done with.

Sol Rosenburg

Exactly.
The right truck. The right manpower deployment. The right material handing equipment = One trip. One offload ......Over and done with.

Anything crazy heavy like that always ask for another drivers help. They will gripe and moan about it, but the fact of the matter is, If you try and be a hero and hurt yourself, they will put the blame on you everytime.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I get it but this homeowner is a :censored2:ing idiot, i hope when she gets a new one it gets dropped off at the end of the sidewalk, have her stupid ass haul it up the sidewalk

bacha29

Isn’t that the contractors responsibility?
You got it. It is their responsibility but the rates that XG pays them is based one guy in one truck delivering x amount of stops per hour, traveling x amount of miles , payed x amount per hour, driving a truck the costs x amount per hour to operate. . What they're paid is measured right out to the penny but then again they're "independent contractors".

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You got it. It is their responsibility but the rates that XG pays them is based one guy in one truck delivering x amount of stops per hour, traveling x amount of miles , payed x amount per hour, driving a truck the costs x amount per hour to operate. . What they're paid is measured right out to the penny but then again they're "independent contractors".
But, didn’t the contractors sign a contract to deliver and pick up that freight?

bacha29

But, didn’t the contractors sign a contract to deliver and pick up that freight?
Yes, but one of the main gripes from contractor employed drivers is no help moving shipments with the same weight and dimensions that other carriers provide additional manpower to move. Most of the time it falls on deaf ears. It's one among many reasons why contractor turnover is high. I have also been informed by a number of UPS drivers that the kind of stuff you saw the guy in the video trying to move is business they don't like to get too involved with due to their labor contract that requires sending out help with moving that kind of stuff off the trucks.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes, but one of the main gripes from contractor employed drivers is no help moving shipments with the same weight and dimensions that other carriers provide additional manpower to move. Most of the time it falls on deaf ears. It's one among many reasons why contractor turnover is high. I have also been informed by a number of UPS drivers that the kind of stuff you saw the guy in the video trying to move is business they don't like to get too involved with due to their labor contract that requires sending out help with moving that kind of stuff off the trucks.
And the sooner the program fails, the sooner Express returns to full trucks.

Sounds good to me!