Buy Out

dumbsup

Hazmat man probaly sitting on millions in stock and waiting for a buyout, he sounds like a typical 20+ year manager who gets more in Div. per year than most sup's salaries.

HazMatMan

Hazmat man probaly sitting on millions in stock and waiting for a buyout, he sounds like a typical 20+ year manager who gets more in Div. per year than most sup's salaries.

WOW!!! you are so wrong dude... not a management person, never was, never will be.. I just have high hopes that one day they will approach me and ask me my price to be bought out. BUT, I guess that will be when hell freezes over, BUT, I can still dream............

Dutch Dawg

It amazes me to think that anyone could believe UPS union hourly employees would be offered any kind of buyout. What logic would apply for the company to justify such a proposal?

trickpony1

....... What logic would apply for the company to justify such a proposal?

It's called "cash flow".
For each one of us old-timers making top dollar, 6-7 weeks vacation per year, slower productivity (broken down body) and increased chance of filing worker's comp that the company can replace, somewhere down the line, with a bouncy, bulletproof, 22 year old making 75% pay (with 2 year progression), only 1-3 weeks vacation, "run and gun" productivity rate and zero chance of getting hurt.....that's money in the company's pocket.
You can bet the number crunchers in the Ivory Towers have already put a calculator to this.

HazMatMan

It amazes me to think that anyone could believe UPS union hourly employees would be offered any kind of buyout. What logic would apply for the company to justify such a proposal?

Who says UPS does anything with logic?? It's all about number crunching and saving dollars..

dumbsup

didn't think you were mgt.. Just sounds like a person I know who is mgt and cries poor and is waiting for the 1,000,000 buyout while he siuts on 4,000,000+ in stock...

upswayne

'heard that rumor from 3 different sources this week. there is a formula based on years of service x $, minimum age 50, with benefits. 'much along the same line as the last buyout.

Cezanne

If there is a buyout coming similar to the mid-nineties one it is only going to be for management. The rest of us union employees would have to rely on the next negotiated contract with the teamsters for any resolution to working till we drop. Truth be told, I have seen too many fellow employees eliminated from any pension benefits because of their physical condition, whether on the job or off. Just the nature of the job will grind your spine to dust in the long haul, let alone the natural aches and pains of aging. Lets see how standards are set with busted up, old 50+ and angry package car drivers. The prospect of getting hurt enought to be eliminated from your job description is always a possibility, then what? Not to be bitter about it but face it most management went into their positions when they realized the folly of keeping up the physical demands required from most of the union jobs. What has happened over the years that most of them were provided most of the gravy as far as perks, benefits and promotions while the union counterparts, just as capable and some probadly more were given the table scraps. I would not trade the situation of not being unionized, but the fiasco of seeing the political and corruption backbiting with dealing with the union currently has not helped. Seems that the number one priority with our union is to keep the status quo instead of doing their work of providing equal pay and benefits to ALL it's members, not just the selected few. God, am I tired of being lied to by both sides. Try to be accountable and admit mistakes and correct them no matter how it hurts, no all I see is slick willy stuff of passing the buck and blame.

Guess we will find out with the end of this month if these early negotiations were business as usual. Brings to mind the old Who song Baba O'reilly: "New boss same as the old boss " or "We won't be fooled again"! :cool:

messenger

The only buy-out I've seen all year, has been a kickintheass and good riddance to quite a few people in all levels ISNJ and it is not pretty.

E

end of quarter

end of quarter. time for some news. I think we will hear something about pension cost reductions for managment and management reductions. Can't end with just 200 corp admins and a few management people.