buyout offer 2019

FedEx buyout offer is pretty generous. 4 weeks pay for every year worked in Express division up to 2 years pay for those that qualify and accept. That's showing up with the money and what I call a reasonable offer.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
FedEx buyout offer is pretty generous. 4 weeks pay for every year worked in Express division up to 2 years pay for those that qualify and accept. That's showing up with the money and what I call a reasonable offer.
Have you considered the tax implications?
When UPS made an offer in 2007, I was happy with the amount UPS paid but the tax implications made it not a good offer.

Popeye

UPS will never offer a “good” buyout. Their goal is to make an offer that sucks just a tiny bit less than staying. Staying would suck a lot these days, so I would recommend looking forward to pretty crappy offers from here on out. Say thank you to Scott Price and his McKinsey minions.

F

Frankie's Friend

I thought management “bled brown”??? Why all this negative tension from all of you partners??? I don’t understand???
3120003.jpg

The Real Jack RyanMI6

UPS will never offer a “good” buyout. Their goal is to make an offer that sucks just a tiny bit less than staying. Staying would suck a lot these days, so I would recommend looking forward to pretty crappy offers from here on out. Say thank you to Scott Price and his McKinsey minions.
Amazing, and I was accused of over stating s. Prices new roll and influence in our little world.

nedroc

Do not think they can offer another package before the last part of the folks in this VRP are gone. That would be June 2019. On the other hand, if there is one, it might be for Operation but for people who are up in age like over 56-57 as they do not need a disaster for Peak 2019. What makes no sense is they have so many openings in OPS they can not fill. Instead of VRPing people out, offer whoever you want to leave a job in operation. After all, most Corporate pukes are old operators. The other head scratch-er is they are filling back the people leaving. Makes no sense.

Do not think they can offer another package before the last part of the folks in this VRP are gone. That would be June 2019. On the other hand, if there is one, it might be for Operation but for people who are up in age like over 56-57 as they do not need a disaster for Peak 2019. What makes no sense is they have so many openings in OPS they can not fill. Instead of VRPing people out, offer whoever you want to leave a job in operation. After all, most Corporate pukes are old operators. The other head scratch-er is they are filling back the people leaving. Makes no sense.
Interesting... why do you have that thought ? ( Cant offer again until june 2019 ?) I was planning to retire in May 2019 - so this has me wondering ?

Nedroc... I agree with your post on back filling the open positions - head scratcher for sure... the only thing I can figure is lower monthly pay - which translate to lower MIP payments - coupled with reduced future pension cost etc...