Bye bye brown...the right way or fading away?

Chaos

I Am The Devil
I’ve been with UPS a little over a year. It was challenging and testing at times but made it through. Full time hours consistently. I like my job.

I started feeling sick back in March, thought it was from breathing in the diesel fumes all day. Went on like this till August until I started feeling really bad, so I went and got checked up.

Got some medical news about a week ago and I didn’t take it very well. The following week I didn’t show up for work and haven’t gone back since. I’ve been binging on drugs, drinking, and gambling. I’m debating should I call them? Or should I just let them terminate me? It’s been 6 work days since I stopped showing up. Haven’t gotten a letter or heard anything

I don’t know how to tell them. I’m not even sure I can or want to. I already took care of my financials and legal things. I don’t have any family, except a brother to whom I don’t really talk to. No wife/girlfriend no kids.

Idk. I care but at the same time I really don’t care. My friends that work with me know what’s going on but they at least have had the decency to keep their mouths shut.

I cannot continue to work. It would be a crime for me to drive and possibly/likely get into a crash for withholding information. Plus I couldn’t forgive myself if I hurt someone. I have enough weighing on me as it is. Though going through the proper procedures seems pointless too.

I can just keep getting as messed up as I can until I can’t take the physical pain and mental anguish anymore and then the permanent nap.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I’ve been with UPS a little over a year. It was challenging and testing at times but made it through. Full time hours consistently. I like my job.

I started feeling sick back in March, thought it was from breathing in the diesel fumes all day. Went on like this till August until I started feeling really bad, so I went and got checked up.

Got some medical news about a week ago and I didn’t take it very well. The following week I didn’t show up for work and haven’t gone back since. I’ve been binging on drugs, drinking, and gambling. I’m debating should I call them? Or should I just let them terminate me? It’s been 6 work days since I stopped showing up. Haven’t gotten a letter or heard anything

I don’t know how to tell them. I’m not even sure I can or want to. I already took care of my financials and legal things. I don’t have any family, except a brother to whom I don’t really talk to. No wife/girlfriend no kids.

Idk. I care but at the same time I really don’t care. My friends that work with me know what’s going on but they at least have had the decency to keep their mouths shut.

I cannot continue to work. It would be a crime for me to drive and possibly/likely get into a crash for withholding information. Plus I couldn’t forgive myself if I hurt someone. I have enough weighing on me as it is. Though going through the proper procedures seems pointless too.

I can just keep getting as messed up as I can until I can’t take the physical pain and mental anguish anymore and then the permanent nap.
At this point, you should contact your local union office and explain what’s going on. Maybe you could get an inside position, get help with the drug issues, and go on. Not sure what your diagnosis is, but life goes on.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
this man is trying to reach out for help as he confesses that he's dying, and some of you stoooopid children are mocking him and calling him gay? you should literally be ashamed of yourselves.

just keep your damn mouth shut.

to OP.
call your boss. talk to them. just let them know you're not coming back, if thats your decision.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

I’m sorry for whatever you are dealing with but you take the time to come on here and ask a bunch of people you don’t know but you don’t have the decency to take a few minutes to call your boss to tell him??.........smh!!!

flappybutt

Call your manager, tell them what's going on. Worse case scenario you're fired, best case scenario they send you to rehab. Have seen countless upsers come back and going strong. Be bold, be confident, and hang in there.

VeeTeeGee

Call your manager, tell them what's going on. Worse case scenario you're fired, best case scenario they send you to rehab. Have seen countless upsers come back and going strong. Be bold, be confident, and hang in there.

I'm pretty sure the person in that story isn't a drug addict. He's dying. And doing drugs because well...dying.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

It's time to speak to a professional , not the clowns and idiots here.

FMLA is your best option for now.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Are you including yourself as a circus performer or a dull person?

The OP came here for advice, an anonymous internet forum. Anyone who does that knows perfectly well what that entails.
Not sure if this a troll post or not.
Maybe this person actually needs some professional help. may be suicidal . who knows?

I agree that this forum is the wrong place to ask for help or advice. a lot of people go on social media asking for help so they can remain anonymous .
I'd rather be safe than sorry. The OP should talk to a real person at a hospital or social services , hospice care etc.

FMLA may give them some time to sort things out.

people here would be yelling "jump" at someone standing up on a roof .

Jstpeachy

OP seek out a professional above all. Those inner demons can be far too consuming and finding someone you can talk to is priority. Good luck

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Not to get all preachy on you but it might help you to join some kind of support group or something. I know you said you can’t drive but I’m betting you can find one either online or one you can have conference calls with. It might help you be more at peace with your situation. Truly, I’m sorry for what you’re dealing with.
Also, it wouldn’t hurt if you called your sup and did the right thing to let him/her know you’re not coming back. It wouldn’t be pointless. It would be one less thing to concern yourself with.