Bye Bye QA Girl

TeamLift

It's a shame I wasn't there to witness this live, our QA girl arrested, handcuffed and led out of the building by police as she tried to turn her home into a Best Buy TV store compliments of FedEx customers. Here is how the scam wet down. TVs that are opened or damaged go to QA and have a new barcode to be sent back to the manufacturer.

Except in her case the new barcode had her address on it instead. A home delivery driver broke this wide open when he complained about delivering 3 or 4 TVs per week to the same address. A supervisor looked up the address and what do you know it was an employee. At first all of them were defective in some manner, but then she got greedy and enlisted the help of some part time trash to open perfectly good units to appear damaged and then they were sent to her home, the only thing wrong with them was the partially opened box. 4 TVS turned into 6 or 7 per week. Only name brand stuff like Samsung and LG made the cut, off brand stuff still went to the customer. Too many customer complaints about where's my TV to a driver pissed off at so many deliveries to the same address and it wasn't long before she ended up in a jail cell............ a cell with no TV.

CJinx

It sounds like she didn't realize how transparent those actions really are. :oops:
Wouldn't the shipper be like "Where's our TV that you were supposed to ship back to us"?
Smaller shippers, maybe. Larger shippers are less concerned with damaged product and more concerned with claim payouts.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's a shame I wasn't there to witness this live, our QA girl arrested, handcuffed and led out of the building by police as she tried to turn her home into a Best Buy TV store compliments of FedEx customers. Here is how the scam wet down. TVs that are opened or damaged go to QA and have a new barcode to be sent back to the manufacturer.

Except in her case the new barcode had her address on it instead. A home delivery driver broke this wide open when he complained about delivering 3 or 4 TVs per week to the same address. A supervisor looked up the address and what do you know it was an employee. At first all of them were defective in some manner, but then she got greedy and enlisted the help of some part time trash to open perfectly good units to appear damaged and then they were sent to her home, the only thing wrong with them was the partially opened box. 4 TVS turned into 6 or 7 per week. Only name brand stuff like Samsung and LG made the cut, off brand stuff still went to the customer. Too many customer complaints about where's my TV to a driver pissed off at so many deliveries to the same address and it wasn't long before she ended up in a jail cell............ a cell with no TV.

I'm surprised FedEx was able to solve this. See, you get what you pay for in terms of employee quality.

DontThrowPackages

There will always be those few who aren't professional crooks but think they're smarter than everyone. Why the heck would anyone send anything to their OWN address? I'm assuming the person has a drug addicted partner or love to gamble. I hope it was worth it to that person. Lost Job. Lost freedom. Bring back the basic skills test please LOL.

CJinx

There will always be those few who aren't professional crooks but think they're smarter than everyone. Why the heck would anyone send anything to their OWN address? I'm assuming the person has a drug addicted partner or love to gamble. I hope it was worth it to that person. Lost Job. Lost freedom. Bring back the basic skills test please LOL.
This is of course, to say nothing of the employment prospects later on down the line with a theft conviction. :(

TeamLift

Wouldn't the shipper be like "Where's our TV that you were supposed to ship back to us"?

The shipper wouldn't know it for some time, the TV arrived at our hub, part timer opens box, girl puts her address label on it and it's gone. The customers weren't calling the shipper they were calling us because they had tracked their TV to our hub and then they didn't get it. Shipper eventually finds out and that's when scam falls apart, along with more than a few calling the hub asking where is my TV. I love the part where she must have had a repair man fixing the TV"s that really were damaged, but then wanted to cut out the middle man for more profit by going for TV's that were not damaged, that she could just sell on her own and take full cut.

TeamLift

Right now breathing is the only requirement at my hub, I told one of my Supervisors the other day you can just look at these people and realize they have no business being here unless they have a toilet brush and a mop in their hand
To her own address? :wellduh:She is an idiot.

Not really, only choice she had, think of it this way, if someone came up to you and 4 of your friends with this Einstein idea how many of you would raise your hand and say yes, ship them to my house ?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The stupidity of this kind of reminds me of a story I heard last week. Dumb and dumber went into a Walmart with hammers and did a smash and grab at the jewelry counter. Off duty cop shot the male in the leg.

Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to steal jewelry from Walmart? It has to be the lowest quality out there. If you're going to go down, at least do a smash and grab at a real jewelry store. Lol. Can't fix stupid.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm surprised FedEx was able to solve this. See, you get what you pay for in terms of employee quality.
You would agree ups drivers are compensated well correct? And that being an off the street hire is a rare opportunity?

Well we had a new off the street hire who had already made her 30 days steal a FedEx package off a customers porch. The customer watched the whole thing.

CJinx

Crimes of opportunity rarely involve the thought process of logically assessing the situation and calculating all possible outcomes.

The question they should be asking themselves is, "Is this worth losing my job and/or going to jail for?". The answer is almost invariably, no.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Right now breathing is the only requirement at my hub, I told one of my Supervisors the other day you can just look at these people and realize they have no business being here unless they have a toilet brush and a mop in their hand

How can you tell by "looking at people", they have no business being there? What do "they" look like, to have a toilet brush and a mop?

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I've watched managers, senior managers, corporate security and many others, get fired for stealing. FedEx doesn't press charges; doesn't look well with the company brand.