California Man Kills One of Three Muggers

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
cant post link. this happened in Los Angeles.
California man was being robbed by 3 men in their 20's when one dropped his handgun.
The intended victim picked up gun and shot one of the muggers dead.

No charges are being filed ( self defense )

rod

Retired 22 years
When I read the headline on this thread I was thinking to myself--that can't be right. Those :censored2: tree huggers in California don't even own guns. After I read the rest it makes sense now.
cant post link. this happened in Los Angeles.
California man was being robbed by 3 men in their 20's when one dropped his handgun.
The intended victim picked up gun and shot one of the muggers dead.

No charges are being filed ( self defense )

Last edited by a moderator:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
DECEMBER 12, 2021 05:44 PM
BY MATTHEW MILLER
A Los Angeles man fought back against three robbers, shooting and killing one of them during the struggle.
Three suspects in their 20s got out of a vehicle on the 1300 block of West 35th Street in south Los Angeles on Saturday morning and tried to rob a male victim, an LAPD spokesperson said.

During the altercation, one of the victims dropped their handgun , which the victim picked up and shot one of the suspects with, the Los Angeles Times reports .

The two other suspects then reportedly fled the scene, police said. The suspect who was shot was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim was questioned by police, but then released and has not been identified in the report. No charges have been filed, and an investigation into the incident is ongoing.

The attempted robbery comes as California and other states deal with rampant brazen crime, a phenomenon being dubbed "smash and grab" in the media.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I hope all the citizens of states with laws in place to restrict them from protecting themselves...

Pay attention to the wording.

Helping.

over9five

Staff member
DECEMBER 12, 2021 05:44 PM
BY MATTHEW MILLER
A Los Angeles man fought back against three robbers, shooting and killing one of them during the struggle.
Three suspects in their 20s got out of a vehicle on the 1300 block of West 35th Street in south Los Angeles on Saturday morning and tried to rob a male victim, an LAPD spokesperson said.

During the altercation, one of the victims dropped their handgun , which the victim picked up and shot one of the suspects with, the Los Angeles Times reports .

The two other suspects then reportedly fled the scene, police said. The suspect who was shot was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim was questioned by police, but then released and has not been identified in the report. No charges have been filed, and an investigation into the incident is ongoing.

The attempted robbery comes as California and other states deal with rampant brazen crime, a phenomenon being dubbed "smash and grab" in the media.
Why did he only kill one of them?

Mutineer

My guess is the other two ran like the wind after he started firing.
Exactly like any sensible person would.

I'm glad he didn't shoot the other two.

Attacking or shooting anybody trying to get AWAY from you is a very sure way to lose at the scene, or in court.

Mutineer

Except Kyle was acquitted of such a charge.
...that's cuz his attackers chased him down.

And the two rednecks lost the Arbery case mostly cuz they chased a person down.

Except under extraordinarily dire circumstances, (kidnapping) don't EVER chase people down.

Let the cops do that.