Call Out Question

542thruNthru

Is calling in the same as calling in sick?

I called in sick once (an HR before my shift as per the handbook) and still got a write-up. I now have 100+ sick hours and I'm afraid to use them.

Yet I see some call in or call in sick once a month and get away with it

Generally I think they play favorites. OP, They just hate you.

Are you generally on time and do decent work? Are you full of excuses about why you can't make it to work once or twice a month?

You were given a warning letter for one occurrence? I find that hard to believe.

PTPeanuts

Is calling in the same as calling in sick?

I called in sick once (an HR before my shift as per the handbook) and still got a write-up. I now have 100+ sick hours and I'm afraid to use them.

Yet I see some call in or call in sick once a month and get away with it

Generally I think they play favorites. OP, They just hate you.

Are you generally on time and do decent work? Are you full of excuses about why you can't make it to work once or twice a month?

From the way my sup talks, I generally do good work when I'm there.
I seem to have a pull that no one else wants and I just keep my head down and do it. Complain sometimes but I try not to be too negative b/c I realize everyone is stressed out.
When I do show up I'm always early.

Our center is having a hard time keeping people so I'm hoping that works in my favor.
I actually don't feel good about calling out, I want to be there and I hate to leave them hanging but I'm just in a really tough spot right now.
Since I've already got an occurrence from today I might make it a two-for-one tomorrow. I could really use the extra day but I don't want to push my luck. I'd actually be completely screwed if I lost this job. It would change my life.

I seem to have a pull that no one else wants and I just keep my head down and do it. Complain sometimes but I try not to be too negative b/c I realize everyone is stressed out.

Our center is having a hard time keeping people so I'm hoping that works in my favor.
I actually don't feel good about calling out, I want to be there and I hate to leave them hanging but I'm just in a really tough spot right now.
Since I've already got an occurrence from today I might make it a two-for-one tomorrow. I could use the extra day but I don't want to push my luck. I'd actually be completely screwed if I lost this job. It would change my life.
Hmm ...

Brisket

Since I've already got an occurrence from today I might make it a two-for-one tomorrow. I could really use the extra day but I don't want to push my luck. I'd actually be completely screwed if I lost this job. It would change my life.

Could you really use the paycheck, the benefits?!? Well !?!

Geez just go to work.

MattM

You were given a warning letter for one occurrence? I find that hard to believe.
Documented talk. I tend to mind my business and stay out of that office. I'm not sure how common those are and what sort of progression that entails.

A warning letter did come 5 years back when I apparently loaded a stamp size salt that was on a package that got loaded into the uld.

I'm just trying to compare this to others. 5-6 others can call in sick once a month and they aren't going into the office.

Maybe I'm too well behaved. They tend to lump in multiple offenses into one doc talk.

It really breeds a terrible work culture for the ones behaving.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What is so important it might get you fired

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
1BB3AC1D-70B3-43D4-9979-A8C7E44DFF67.gif
So since I already did a Monday I can't make it any worse by taking tomorrow too since it's all one occurrence right?

PTPeanuts

I can't tell if my sup hates me or not.
I just checked my time card and he marked this morning down as a "scheduled off" so I guess he is helping me out in that regard.
But I just asked him if I can have tomorrow morning off and all he ever says is "ok"
Like if he had said it was gonna be a problem I would dose up and have come in I really don't want to get fired. But the way he just says "ok" and no real answer seems kind of ominous

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I just checked my time card and he marked this morning down as a "scheduled off" so I guess he is helping me out in that regard.
But I just asked him if I can have tomorrow morning off and all he ever says is "ok"
Like if he had said it was gonna be a problem I would dose up and have come in I really don't want to get fired. But the way he just says "ok" and no real answer seems kind of ominous

Wtf

Either show up or don’t

Nobody cares

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

What answer would you like your supervisor to give?

He could have given you hell, but didn't.
Do you suppose he is happy that you are calling off work?