Call the corporate line.....I did

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I know I'll pay for this but its my honest opinion. If you wave the race card too much--in terms of affirmative action, etc--you're not doing yourself any good. It may look good on paper AND in a court of law but in the end, we're all just humanbeings. I'm a very, very reasonable, open-minded, patient, modern-thinking individual but affirmative action is something that really makes my teeth grind. I stand a little right on some social issues--gay marriage, etc--and affirmative action is something I would just as soon see GONE. Argue all ya want about it doing WONDERS for higher education, government contracting, etc, I still think its a MISTAKE!

UPS' using it hasn't done much--if any--more good. When I worked in Illinois, there was a minority promoted post-haste past a bunch of very qualified whites. The guy was an IDIOT! The best thing he did was carry around a clipboard and stay the H*LL out of everyone's way! And here in Denver.....there was a Hispanic promoted that had serious personality issues. When I left, he was skating on thin ice. I haven't spoken to anybody from Commerce City since I left, so I have no idea if he's been walked out by Security yet.

My point is this: eliminate any preferences for race or anything else to give one person an advantage over another. Maybe I'm talking about a return to the pre-Civil Rights Era but I'd like to believe we--as a society--have moved beyond that. JMHO. -Rocky

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
How about this, we treat each other as individuals, if they show us respect, we treat them likewise, if they are an a**, we treat them likewise. Blacknproud is entitled to use that name and it should not be deemed offensive to anyone. We as " whites" will never know what it's like to grow up in america as a black person. But we do know that black americans were treated very badly in our country for many years. Until we can look at one another without regard to "color" we need to be sensitive to other peoples plight. I know as a child I never had to hear another race of people calling my father and grand father " boy" as a derogatory term. I'm sure I would remember that for the rest of my life and would be wary of the race of people that were racist to my family. That said, it took 21 years to realize how offensive that term was and how I had no right to ever use in that manner, not that I ever did. But My grandfather did. We as Americans are in this together, the rest of the world is respecting us less and less all the time. Now would be a good time to act as one United States of America. And I love " I Feel Good"!:peaceful:

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
And don't get me started on Native Americans and how shabily we treated them after they saved the pilgrims asses. And to all the Italians, Germans, and all others who came through Ellis island with nothing and made a life for themselves and their family. No handouts just hard work, determination, and love of family. WE are all in this together, Unless you are a native American Indian, We are all immigrants, some by choice, some on slave ships, that is OUR history, all that matters now is how we proceed from here. We are all different, we are all the same, Americans. I'm done, just my opinion:peaceful: