Calling it Quits after 17 years

trickpony1

UKGuy-
Alot of people hurt themselves, file comp, get a settlement and return to work.
In another thread I asked you if you were working after your injury healed but you never responded.
Please help me understand the sequence of events.
Did you have an attorney for your comp claim?

P

pickup

Based on what I read, he was canned, waiting (hopefully) to be reinstated by an arbitration hearing with back pay, money got tight while waiting months and ups waved a 50 grand check under his nose to settle a workman's comp from a few years back, with the provision that he resign if he takes check. He's back off to England where a desk job awaits him. I think that sums it up( based on what he said) and I wish him the best of luck. Post here as much as you want u-k guy , let us know how things worked out. Peace.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Based on what I read, he was canned, waiting (hopefully) to be reinstated by an arbitration hearing with back pay, money got tight while waiting months and ups waved a 50 grand check under his nose to settle a workman's comp from a few years back, with the provision that he resign if he takes check. He's back off to England where a desk job awaits him. I think that sums it up( based on what he said) and I wish him the best of luck. Post here as much as you want u-k guy , let us know how things worked out. Peace.

In a nut shell exactly

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
UK guy, best of luck to you and your family. I hope and pray things continue to improve for your wife. I know it's tough to walk away after 17 yrs (I doubt I have the stones to do it) but I'm betting you'll be happier. Stop back and post when you can.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
UK guy, best of luck to you and your family. I hope and pray things continue to improve for your wife. I know it's tough to walk away after 17 yrs (I doubt I have the stones to do it) but I'm betting you'll be happier. Stop back and post when you can.

It is tough to walk away after so long, really tough . Signing that piece of paper that said " Voluntary Resignation " was a very hard thing to do for me . I really didnt want to but as a father and husbad I had no choice. Ive put my family through to much BS already , even if I did go back to work I`m sure it wouldnt be long before they came up with another reason to let me go. It was quite an emotional day for me. 17 years is a long time, I started working for UPS on my 18th birthday. I must say that the good times outway the bad and Ive had the pleasure of meeting some really great people . That ,I`m gonna miss ...

beatupbrown

Yea Uk guy, when in the bullseye for what ever reason they will hang you out to dry how ever they need to do it .Good luck to your wife and you ,sounds to me like you are makeing the right choice.
I had a night mare last night that I was back at the hub working broken glass everywhere I had to watch where I walked.Wonder what Freud would say ?

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Yea Uk guy, when in the bullseye for what ever reason they will hang you out to dry how ever they need to do it .Good luck to your wife and you ,sounds to me like you are makeing the right choice.
I had a night mare last night that I was back at the hub working broken glass everywhere I had to watch where I walked.Wonder what Freud would say ?

It was only a dream buddy , LOL

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
What a shame. Makes me feel grateful for the management team that we have in my center.

To be honest, my center team was very helpful and understanding through the whole thing. I really cant say a bad word about them. They helped me out a lot and were very compasionate and suportive when they learned of my wifes illness. I have no hard feelings towards them at all.
LP that pulled the strings , center managers hands were tied

tieguy

Banned
We've talked a lot over the years. I was rooting for you. Shame it did not work out. But then maybe it did work for the better. This thread may have been your sanest one yet:happy-very: I was wondering if it was the same guy.

Good luck in the future. My best to your family.

Overpaid Union Thug

To be honest, my center team was very helpful and understanding through the whole thing. I really cant say a bad word about them. They helped me out a lot and were very compasionate and suportive when they learned of my wifes illness. I have no hard feelings towards them at all.
LP that pulled the strings , center managers hands were tied

Center managers don't have the clout that they once did. They can be the most supportive managers around but once LP or someone farther up the chain gets on a tangent then thats all she wrote.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
We've talked a lot over the years. I was rooting for you. Shame it did not work out. But then maybe it did work for the better. This thread may have been your sanest one yet:happy-very: I was wondering if it was the same guy.

Good luck in the future. My best to your family.

thank you very much for your support and the same to you

satellitedriver

WIth a name like the UK guy........but then again, we are a melting pot.

d
True, America is a melting pot.
When smelting, the slag rises to the top and must be discarded, to preserve the purity of the refined metal.
I truly hope that UKGUY does not choke on his crumpet when he sees the true cost of free health care.
Ta ,Ta and keep a stiff upper lip, UKGUY.
Tally Ho!!!!