Calling off during probationary period

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm betting UPS will put him to work Monday and for the rest of December. After the first of the year, depends on how he worked in December. Things happen that people have no control over like an illness. He most likely was not really needed last week anyway.

All this is assuming UPS has a heart-----good luck with that. He better hope this coming week is a blow out.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
With decent reason, but fair enough I suppose.
Even with a doctors note from the hospital stating I was in there for 2 of the 3 days I called off and further saying not to work the rest of the week/until better? If so, I suppose I'll go in Monday and see what happens and look for a new job in the meantime.
If you were THAT concerned about your job....you would've shown up to work to speak with your sup and told him the situation...or at the very least...called him and explained over the phone. That's what I would've done.

El Correcto

god is dead
sad-face.jpg

Brown_Star

Methods Man
So this week I went in on Monday, sick nonetheless and by the end of the night it was progressively worse and I went home feeling like absolute :censored2:.

I've since called off every day thereafter due to being bedridden,sick and in/out of the hospital after coughing up blood. I do luckily have a doctors note, and I really, really hope to be in on Monday- as I really can't afford to not be working. But this is the sickest I've been in 10~ years and physically there is no way I can work as a PT Loader if I can't even make it around my house without my chest catching on fire and feeling like I'm going to die.

Now, what worries me is that I've called off for practically an entire week (except Thanksgiving which was spent sleeping for 13+ hours), during my probationary period. If I go in on Monday and present them with a doctors note- how likely is it I'm going to be in serious trouble? I could understand an infraction or something, as it was the whole week. And I really wouldn't care otherwise as I rarely call off unless absolutely needed so getting another attendance violation would be hard. But would I be fired? Cause I love this job, and it's decent pay for the work and I'd hate to lose it.

Did you call HR disability?

Gear

Parts on Order
You called off before it really hit peak and got busy. People pretend peak starts in october but it doest happen until after thanksgiving. UPS loves saving money, and no pay days save them money. I would just show up with the dr note that you already have and see what happens. This week coming and the next few weeks are the busy weeks, they will need you.

Update us what happens, good or bad. My guess is you will be fine.