Can a consignee address be flagged for fraud?

Joshua Cribb

Hello UPSers. My company ships exclusively with UPS. When a customer orders merchandise from us, our system verifies the credit card, name, and address. If something doesn't jive it is flagged for fraud on our end. But sometimes a customer will use UPS MyChoice to reroute the package to an address that we would have otherwise recognized as fraudulent. Does UPS have the capability to flag an address as fraud? Can we work with our UPS account rep to prevent our packages from being rerouted?

Thanks in advance for your help. I've called the customer service line multiple times and get a different answer each time.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You can set it up so packages can't get rerouted. It's a double edged sword. For simple fixes, like missing apartments, you're going to get the package back instead of fixed.

opey

i have had a delivery have a pop up note saying do not deliver possible fraud.. not sure if that was something on the address or they found out it was a fraudulent purchase. but i think the address may be flagged because they said they have had problems before (the recipients)

Loyal Teamster

Hello UPSers. My company ships exclusively with UPS. When a customer orders merchandise from us, our system verifies the credit card, name, and address. If something doesn't jive it is flagged for fraud on our end. But sometimes a customer will use UPS MyChoice to reroute the package to an address that we would have otherwise recognized as fraudulent. Does UPS have the capability to flag an address as fraud? Can we work with our UPS account rep to prevent our packages from being rerouted?

Thanks in advance for your help. I've called the customer service line multiple times and get a different answer each time.
Try USPS.

rod

Retired 22 years
We used to have "No Indirect Delivery" stickers that a customer could put on their packages. UPS no longer have those?

wayfair

swollen member
We used to have "No Indirect Delivery" stickers that a customer could put on their packages. UPS no longer have those?

new code in the 1Z label, once scanned Diad prompts what needs to be done..

the other day I had a air deliver, it was marked with an X tagged to del... it meant I had to exchange the old with the new.. first time for me and went easy....

Turdferguson

Just a turd

It is the direct delivery system. You can set it up so that your packages only go to the address you send them to. You would be much better off asking on ups.Com for your answers. They have a search function at the top of the page. It says "search" with a little box to type stuff in and that allows you to see all the service option you can take advantage of that UPS offers

Loyal Teamster

I've flagged your threa because there is already a thread for customer questions about shipments