Can a consignee address be flagged for fraud?

clean hairy

I am sure others can help with this, but I believe Delivery Confirmation means it can only be delivered to the person whose name is on the label, and no one else?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Hello UPSers. My company ships exclusively with UPS. When a customer orders merchandise from us, our system verifies the credit card, name, and address. If something doesn't jive it is flagged for fraud on our end. But sometimes a customer will use UPS MyChoice to reroute the package to an address that we would have otherwise recognized as fraudulent. Does UPS have the capability to flag an address as fraud? Can we work with our UPS account rep to prevent our packages from being rerouted?

Thanks in advance for your help. I've called the customer service line multiple times and get a different answer each time.

Unless a shipper files a complaint about a certain address or a driver goes above and beyond, your only course of action is to talk to your account executive and force a no indirect delivery with your shipments. Will cost more but will give you peace of mind.