Can a supervisor, manage while off duty?

Theichii

Ethical companies don't survive 100 years. Ethical managers don't make it. If I was ethical, I would still be a part time unload supervisor. The code is just like religion, it's only there for people that need it. I have my own code of Buisness Conduct. It's called, "Get the job done, and make the customers happy." In the end the only thing that matters is happy customers. The customers keep all of us employed. If a customer pays for next day air they don't care how it gets there and neither do I. 99.9% of the next day air left in buildings are Teamster mistakes, for that I take matters into my own hands.

That's kind of odd, considering we are supposed to do the work so it makes a lot of sense, that we would make 99.9% of mistakes. Redundant and an unnecessary inclusion in your statement. Here's where I make my redundant statement. 99.99% of over 9.5 planned days are preload supervisor's faults. Although I do agree that the customer doesn't care how the package gets to the them, find somebody. If you can't find somebody bring the package to the driver, if he/she can't deliver it, you then have found the loophole that all means to use teamster work were exhausted, and that took what, two phone calls, so an extra minute?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Do you think a pitcher is being unethical when he deceives the runner into thinking he going towards home when he is going towards 1st?
Baseball rules prohibit the deceiving of the runner.

I know I hate those unethical quarterbacks when they fake the ball to the running back and then run for themselves.

Let see how many other analogies we can come up with that are accepted, nay even applauded, in everyday life.

Those are examples of competitors. Like UPS vs FEDEX. Not like sups vs teamsters. We may disagree, but we're still on the same team, not at all like the examples above you came up with, sorry.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Those are examples of competitors. Like UPS vs FEDEX. Not like sups vs teamsters. We may disagree, but we're still on the same team, not at all like the examples above you came up with, sorry.

Sorry it was late and a pretty lame attempt.
I realized they were not very good analogies ... that is why I asked if
"Let see how many other analogies we can come up with that are accepted, nay even applauded, in everyday life."

Maybe I'll think of some better ones today.

upsgrunt

Ethical companies don't survive 100 years. Ethical managers don't make it. If I was ethical, I would still be a part time unload supervisor. The code is just like religion, it's only there for people that need it. I have my own code of Buisness Conduct. It's called, "Get the job done, and make the customers happy." In the end the only thing that matters is happy customers. The customers keep all of us employed. If a customer pays for next day air they don't care how it gets there and neither do I. 99.9% of the next day air left in buildings are Teamster mistakes, for that I take matters into my own hands.

Yet, drivers are required to be ethical- that's fine with me. I won't lower my standards just to move up the ladder.

UPSSOCKS

Are we on the same team? If I was playing short and you were playing second, would you file a grievance on me for covering second? Teammates wouldn't file a grievance on each other. We certainly are not teammates. The union is like managments farm system. We will call you when we need you.

upsgrunt

Are we on the same team? If I was playing short and you were playing second, would you file a grievance on me for covering second? Teammates wouldn't file a grievance on each other. We certainly are not teammates. The union is like managments farm system. We will call you when we need you.

Do you require your workers to refer to you as "Mr. Important"?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Would a teammate give me a warning letter for bobbling a routine grounder? Would a teammate fire me for overthrowing 1st base with a runner sliding into me spikes up. Teammate is a 2 way street.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
It's actually a covert mission. No one even knows its going on. Anyhow I've said it before so I will reiterate it again. "NO ONE DOES UNION WORK BETTER, THAN A PART TIME SUPERVISOR." This is why i ask a part time supervisor to drive the packages to the airport. If a union employee did it with a sense of urgency like the part time supervisor does, I would alternate and ask a Union employee one day and a part time supervisor the next. You see times are tough. It's cheaper and more efficient for the company to have to part time supervisor do it.

TROLL

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
are we on the same team? If i was playing short and you were playing second, would you file a grievance on me for covering second? Teammates wouldn't file a grievance on each other. We certainly are not teammates. The union is like managments farm system. We will call you when we need you.

dont feed the troll!!!

over9five

Staff member
Look at his responses. Jim Casey is spinning in his grave.

God, I miss the old days. These young sups have no clue.....

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.

You're in left field-at best. We are on the same team. You are like a steroid cheater trying to cover the bases without the basemen.

UPSSOCKS

Look at his responses. Jim Casey is spinning in his grave.

God, I miss the old days. These young sups have no clue.....

I am saving Jim's company from error infested rentals called the teamsters.

If he saw the way you guys destroy packages, steal the contents in packages, throw packages, and spit on packages he would close the doors. What you see as work, I see as other peoples belongings. I was there in the good ol days, when the company was private. That's when things were good. That's when you got what you deserved. These young sups don't have a clue because UPS teaches them to be nice and fills their heads with happy thoughts. I've devoted the first ten months of the year to corrupting them one at a time.

UPSSOCKS

dont feed the troll!!!

My comments fuel the fire and bring passion to the brown cafe. Go watch your winless football team.

By the by all they have to do is pray for forgiveness from the Terrible Towell and the curse will be lifted. They still haven't won a game since they stepped on it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My comments fuel the fire and bring passion to the brown cafe. Go watch your winless football team.

By the by all they have to do is pray for forgiveness from the Terrible Towell and the curse will be lifted. They still haven't won a game since they stepped on it.

No one does part-time supervisor work better than a union member.