Can I switch positions in this situation? (on-topic)

Crawley

I recently became a Package Handler at UPS. On my first day, a fellow co-worker, who was obviously high ranking but not a supervisor asked if I wanted to do a Driver Helper job as well. I said I would have to see if I could fit the hours. It's the position I wanted all along but there were no openings at the time of application, but now apparently there is one.

He was suggesting I do the Package Handler job at the same time as the Driver Helper, but is it possible I could simply change positions to a Driver Helper from Package Handler without another application? Would it look bad if I told my manager I wanted to switch positions this early in my employment? I'd really rather not do both, but I'm not sure if this is a common thing or acceptable at UPS.

Thanks.

PT Car Washer

Driver helpers quit everyday. Ever wonder why? Stay where you are at and hope they keep you after Peak. Driver helper is a seasonal job only.

box_beeyotch

Why dont you just suck it up, do both and make some money? Their going to drop you like a bad habit after Christmas regardless, might as well milk the cow while the teet is ripe.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
downloadfile-1.jpeg