Can of Worms?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Upstate doing these extra favors are what keeps him off of the lists drivers complain about. Small favors and cooperation are quite helpful in this game of survival.
Once again, why can't this be accomplished without falsifying records? There's no reason why a DIAD couldn't be taken on these sorty missions, used for the delivery and brought back the next day. That is of course, because it is not condoned by corporate for liability reasons. It's all about falsely achieving a number. I for one won't be a part in it. I may opt to help out and run a package, but not on the way home. There is nothing in it for me. I don't have a fragile ego that needs to be boosted by doing dishonest favors for management in the name of service.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Once again, why can't this be accomplished without falsifying records? There's no reason why a DIAD couldn't be taken on these sorty missions, used for the delivery and brought back the next day. That is of course, because it is not condoned by corporate for liability reasons. It's all about falsely achieving a number. I for one won't be a part in it. I may opt to help out and run a package, but not on the way home. There is nothing in it for me.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I have done it in the past, but only when it's my own screw up that caused the problem. I can remember only 2 such times, and both of them involved time sensitive medical products.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Once again, why can't this be accomplished without falsifying records? There's no reason why a DIAD couldn't be taken on these sorty missions, used for the delivery and brought back the next day. That is of course, because it is not condoned by corporate for liability reasons. It's all about falsely achieving a number. I for one won't be a part in it. I may opt to help out and run a package, but not on the way home. There is nothing in it for me. I don't have a fragile ego that needs to be boosted by doing dishonest favors for management in the name of service.

Once again, why can't this be accomplished without falsifying records? There's no reason why a DIAD couldn't be taken on these sorty missions, used for the delivery and brought back the next day. That is of course, because it is not condoned by corporate for liability reasons. It's all about falsely achieving a number. I for one won't be a part in it. I may opt to help out and run a package, but not on the way home. There is nothing in it for me.

Originally Posted by Bubblehead

Anyone else want to play this stupid game?

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Our LP guy recently testified in court that it is strictly against UPS policy for anyone to have customers packages in their personal vehicles.
So any one who does that is guilty of theft.

Our LP guy recently testified in court that it is strictly against UPS policy for anyone to have customers packages in their personal vehicles.

Your LP guy would have a field day in our center. If anyone shows up to deal with the many misloads, it's a member of management in his personal vehicle.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Baba gounj,
Can you post or private message me the case? I would like to see this testimony and the context of it.
Thanks!
Sincerely,
I

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Theft... is when you steal something that isnt yours.

Delivering a package out of your personal vehicle...is when you deliver a package out of your personal vehicle.

It may be against UPS policy...and it really isnt a good business practice in most cases...but it isnt a crime and it sure as hell isnt theft.